Saturday, October 14, 2017

Spooky House

Happy Saturday. I've got no big plans for the weekend but I love that. It means the time is open to lots of interpretations. 
So I am showing you another Halloween page  today.
I started with a piece of watercolor paper  that I was trying to do a picture transfer onto. The transfer didn't much work, but it did leave a slightly more yellow orange spot. I thought that would work like an abstract moon spot on the page and I lightly sprayed the background with blue inks.
I used a sepia colored photo of  New York City to die cut my spooky house. I think it is my favorite part of the page.  I stamped the bats except for the big one on the top which was a piece from my stash.. 
And I decided to outline the page with some brown paint, a darker brown crayon and some little yellow sticker dots.
Oh yes and the big spooky scary ghost.
I am linking up to Try It On Tuesday which is having a Halloween challenge right now.
And last post I showed you some fall colors, and here's a few more photos I took at the same time.




Hope you're having a great Saturday.

13 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

This turned aout fanulous - I love the neutral colours on it -- looks amazing! This autumn foliage is so beautiful on that lovely photos! Enjoy your unplanned (let's call is FREE) weekend!
Thanks a lot for another fab entry linked to Try It On Tuesday!
My weekend is going to be too short...as always - and that is what a housewife is lamenting - incredible.....
oxo
Susi

CJ Kennedy said...

The house reminds me of the Bates Motel. I can hear the ghost moaning, "Mrs. Bates, can Norman come out to play?" Too much fun on this page.

Beautiful scenery! Color down here hasn't progressed as far. Enjoy your Saturday

Blogoratti said...

Liking the Halloween page, very creative indeed. Warm greetings to you.

Valerie-Jael said...

Your Halloween page is great, and love how you did the spook house. Thanks for sharing the wonderful photos, it really looks like autumn. Today it's really warm here, so nice after all the cold and stormy weather. Enjoy your weekend, have fun! Hugs, Valerie

Jeanie said...

Wow -- you have REAL fall. We're getting there, slow but sure. More slow than sure.

I love today's piece. Very clever inspiration for your house -- the skyline! I love the background. Looks like loads of texture and lots of fun. A winner!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was impressed with the house, but also the big bat. It caught my eye first. I adore this page.

Your autumn photos are beautiful. I just looked outside and the leaves on our trees are still green. So much for autumn arriving here any time soon. I love those photos of the changing colors of the trees. You did GOOD!

nanskidrewski said...

Love the ghost coming out of the chimney and beautiful Autumn colors.

Meggymay said...

Wow, an awesome page Erika, its a fantastic old house, a place with many secrets i think.
Thank you for sharing it with us all at TioT's.
I loved the photos and the super reflections of colour in the water.
Yvonne xx

Dortesjs said...

waue this is fab love the house and the bats..awsome page

Words and Pictures said...

Ooh, I love that spattered sky with the bats hovering everywhere, and your spooky house definitely looks haunted to me. What a fabulous illustration of the words - thrilled to see them in action here. More glorious leaves in the photos too.
Alison x

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a fabulous page! I think your colour choice and the spatter make it look especially spooky! Loving those Autumn colours! Thank you so much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday! Chrisx

Margik said...

A fantastic Halloween design, Erika! I really love it!
Beautiful photos too!
Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesdays!
Mar :)

Mrs.B said...

Another fabulous Halloween project Erika, thanks for linking to TioT
Loved the Autumnal photos you've shared today.
Avril xxx