Sunday, October 15, 2017

It Was a Beautiful Saturday

Hi everyone. Yesterday was a gorgeous day. Warm enough for shorts and T shirts but no humidity. After a morning walk I did some fall yard work. And I enjoyed every  minute of being out in the sunshine too.
So I wanted to share one more tag with the latest Tag Tuesday challenge which is All Creatures Great and Small. I had a tag almost finished and figured I better do it yesterday or it wouldn't get done in time.
The printed background is some clear sticker paper that I ran through my printer and printed out a photo of a Gelli print I had made at one time. I love how I could create a background with it and how the uncolored areas let you peek at the tagstock.
The bird is a stamped image that I then outlined with with Sharpie and painted. The quote isn't very clear in the photo, but I love how it came out since I stamped it twice-once in white and once in black.
I hope everyone is having or will have a fantastic rest of their weekend. 
Thanks for visiting.

13 comments:

nanskidrewski said...

Looks like a beautiful place for a walk..great texture and color on your card.

Dortesjs said...

wow awsome.
have you by the way seen my sales blog...
https://fasterssalg.blogspot.dk/

CJ Kennedy said...

Beautiful color in your area. Color is catching up here. Love the background of your tag. So cool to use and re-use artwork

Divers and Sundry said...

Fall is slow coming here, and I'm enjoying your autumn colors. I'm taking your art as a sign that summer will collapse soon and I can wear my long sleeves lol

Valerie-Jael said...

Glad you had good weather, it was great here, too, really warm after all the winter coat days we've had in the past weeks. Love the tag, thanks so much for joining us again at TT, I think you will like the new challenge coming up, too! Have a great start in the new week, hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

A wonderful tag Erika - looks beautiful and great weather - the autumnal foliage is so pretty. We had warm weather as well.. wonderful indian summer days lately. And it should stay the whole upcoming week -at least forcasted!
Happy start of your new week my friend!
oxo Susi

Let's Art Journal said...

What beautiful photos with the sun shining through and highlighting those autumnal leaves! Your tag is perfect, I love how you incorporated the red elements and your red cardinal is so very pretty 😁. That's a wonderful quote you included too! Wishing you a Happy Fall and a great new week! J 😊

Meggymay said...

Its a lovely sentiment for your beautiful tag, the colours and background look great.
Super Fall photos as well.
Yvonne xx

kathyinozarks said...

Beautiful autumn photos-love them-we are missing out on the colors this year so far so am enjoying yours--love your tags too have a good week hugs Kathy

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

So glad you enjoyed your weekend. It was hot and rainy here, so the humidity was high. Your photos are beautiful.

That is a fabulous tag. I am such a big cardinal fan, this tag really spoke to me. happy weekend, dear.

Words and Pictures said...

What magical woodland photos - it looks glorious - thanks so much for sharing those. Great tag too - love the rich jewel colours.
Alison x

sheila 77 said...

Your tag is so pretty with the pinks and reds and the bird (a cardinal?) sitting sweetly to the side. Nice bit of poetry too.

Jeanie said...

I loved everything about this post, Erika -- your fabulous bird and your wonderful walk. Gorgeous there!