Saturday, September 9, 2017

Grace and Beauty

Happy weekend everyone.  Hope everyone in Florida is in some place safe and dry from the hurricane. The weather has certainly been "interesting" lately all over the place.
It's a quiet weekend in my world. Cool and  cloudy. I am trying to motivate myself to go for a walk with the dogs, but watching the hurricane news reports is kind of addicting.
Today's color for Yvonne's Colour My World challenge at Art Journal Journey is the new color called fall. :) No actually it's a mix of fall colors-orange, gold, some sage greens. This is a page from my calendar journal , in fact you can see the printed September  on the top left corner.
I colored this TH relative (since you mentioned I am coloring these photos a lot lately Elizabeth, I do like the effect of adding just a bit pop). A bit of orange tape, some bronze fall stickers that I then painted over to make them solid colored, and then I added a gold paper star. Finally I made a little poem from some TH phrase stickers.
Not sure what I plan to do with my weekend, but hope you have something fun planned.
Thanks for visiting.

6 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your TH woman is simply gorgeous. You really added just the right amount of pop. I think it is wonderful and adds so much richness to the piece. I also love the beautiful saying you added. I love found poetry. Of course, those leaves really scream autumn, too. Hope you enjoy your weekend and are able at some point to take your interest away from Irma. It's on my mind, too.

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful piece, bad weather outside is always good crafting time inside. Love the little pops of colour on the photo. Cool, wet and windy here, too, so I've been having a make and bake day, yummy! Have a great weekend, Hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

I love this feminine look - that hint of color on her is beautiful and brings great harmony to the whole page as well!
Thank you so much for another fabulous pages linked to AJJ !
Here was so chilly nearly the whole day - in the late afternoon the sun came and it got a bit warmer...we were freezing on our visit of the fleamarket in the morning!
What a horror this Irma is .... unbelievable!

oxo Susi

Meggymay said...

Its a fabulous page for September in your calendar. Wonderful autumn colour hues, I really like the pops of colour on the found relative photo.
The poem you made with the phrases is great, I read it and thought it was actually a poem or quote.
Have a good weekend.
Yvonne xx

Let's Art Journal said...

I love fall and your orange, gold and sage greens are perfect! The colour you have added to your TH relative adds such interest and looks fabulous. Our visitors left yesterday so we've been tidying up and doing laundry. We had a little dog called Sophie staying too and we had fun such on our walks and playing ball on the beach 😁. I've just sat down for my cup of tea and cake, so I thought I'd try and catch up on everyone's posts which may take some time ...lol 😉. I haven't done any crafting for a week either and it's calling to me so maybe the housework will be put on hold this afternoon...lol 😀. Wishing you a Happy Sunday! J 😊

Jeanie said...

I like the piece you did for Color My World very much. Fall is a wonderful "color."All those rusts and olive greens and more. Very nice!