Saturday, July 8, 2017

Off to the Ocean

Hi everyone. Hope everyone is having a good weekend. We got my daughter moved today, although her room is still FULL of her things. I know I am going to see her next weekend, but I am still battling a little bit of adjustment and sadness that she has moved. It is time, but that's the hard part. I got used to her being home since she moved back her almost 2 years ago. But she is happy and I will adjust. :)

Anyhow, here's my latest summer love page for Art Journal Journey. Elizabeth picked a great theme because there's so many things to love in the summer.
This is a page from my calendar journal with some drawing, and also a big sticker and some die cuts. Its definitely got a nice weather theme. :)
One of these day I will unload my boating photos off my camera so I can show you a nice day on the water. 
Hope everyone is having a great weekend and enjoying some summer weather too.


11 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You have done so many things with your daughter, it will be sad to see her go, especially when it comes to her joining your for T. But cutting the umbilical cord will only hurt for a little while. I know you are probably glad it occurred in summer, too.

Speaking of summer, this latest Art Journal Journey entry is fabulous. Love those boats and your wonderful fisherman, too. I'm enjoying your calendar pages, and this one is no exception. Thanks for sharing it with Art Journal Journey, dear.

Valerie-Jael said...

Yes, it's hard when kids move out, I am sure you will miss her a lot. Love your summer journal page, lots to see there, and looking forward to seeing your boating pics. Enjoy your day, hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

Your page is just funny and looks so fresh! I really can understand you being happy for her and being sad on the other side. You are a loving mom and I bet she also wents with a little bit of sadness - it looks like your family is a really nice little crew!

Thanks a lot for another wonderful summertime-love idea for Elizabeth's great theme!
oxo Susi

CJ Kennedy said...

Your page reminds me of a poster advertising boat rides. Sign me up! I wish I lived closer to the ocean.

Always tough when a young one takes a step forward and away from us. Sometimes it's hard letting go. But now you must ask yourself. Wouldn't her room make a great craft room? (-;

Gibby Frogett said...

Great page Erika.
That huge fish will last for many meals I think ha ha :)

Sorry you're feeling sad, I can understand it'll take time to adjust to your daughter moving out - but thank goodness for Skype and all the other ways to keep in contact until you next meet.

I hope you are having a nice weekend.
Gill xx

Hot guys said...

Hey hey, Erika!

New visitor over here :) It surely seems like your blog is a lot of fun! :)

Lots of positive vibes from me ^_^

- Hot guys

Dortesjs said...

great page and fun to. thanks for visit on my blog.

Meggymay said...

Its a wonderful fishing related page, fabulous drawings.
Your daughter must have been a little sad as well. Look forward to your future get togethers where I'm sure you will have all to talk about and catch up on what has been happening in both your homes.
Yvonne xx

Jeanie said...

Oh, I know you'll miss her. I love your page -- it's so happy but I know your heart is just a bit melancholy. Sending hugs.

nanskidrewski said...

Cute page! love the fisherman :)

Sandy said...

Have I told you how much I love your posts!!!! I adore your little drawings!
sandy xx