Sunday, May 28, 2017

It Was a Beautiful Morning

Hi everyone. It was a nice day today but this long holiday weekend is going to end with lots of rain tomorrow. In fact the long range forecast for this week is more rain and cool temperatures, at least until Thursday. I hope June here in New Hampshire is a little more summery feeling than has May has been.
I did find a little art time today and finished up a project for Try It On Tuesday's latest theme which is feathered friends.
And since the theme at Tag Tuesday is everything goes, I am also linking up there also.
Since this is the season for waking up to so many beautiful bird songs, I was inspired to make a tag about that.
I rubbed the background with new Distressed Oxide inks and then gave it a little ink spraying. I stamped and then painted the birds, as well as coloring and painting the branches. And finally I did a little doodling and added some stickers.
Have a great start to the new week everyone.

14 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Now THAT'S what I call a great tag. And it fit two challenges, too. I really LOVE the birds. They are fabulous, and their crowns show they are the king and queen of song.

Enjoy your Memorial Day. The predict storms for here, too.

Rika said...

stunning tag!

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your gorgeous tag with the birdies, and thanks so much for joining us at Tag Tuesday, much appreciated. Have a great week, hope the weather gets better. Hugs, Valerie

chrissie said...

Such a terrific tag full of hapy colours and images

Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday and Tag Tuesday

Love Chrissie xx

Gibby Frogett said...

Oh this is wonderful Erika - the birds are singing outside here after a hot and humid night of thunder storms and it is a beautiful morning - I shall be singing that all day I think :)
I love your tag with its beautiful birds - the crowns are fab.
Hope you have a great day... Gill x

froebelsternchen said...

WOW.. what a fantastic tag Erika! Absolutely beautiful!
Great to see you at Try It On Tuesday again!
Wishing a happy new week to you!
oxo Susi

Sandy said...

I don't know why Erika, but I am really into backgrounds. Your background is really gorgeous - I love the colors.
Sandy xx

CJ Kennedy said...

Though the weather may be iffy this week, at least temps are supposed to be normal in the 70s instead of the chilly 50s today. You bird tag makes me forget the gloom. Focusing on the color and sound. I love listening to the birds. Love the crowns.

JFM said...

Erika! This is a fantastic tag! It's gorgeous!!!

Happy Memorial Day 🐦

sheila 77 said...

This is terrific, Erika, it makes my heart sing.
I do like the background - made with the Distress Oxides?
Luckily(!) no shop nearby sells these inks. They certainly look good here.
Of course I love these colourful birds too.

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous tag Erika, love the little birds with their crowns, so cute and such a fab quote too.
Thanks for sharing with us at TioT
Avril xx

Carola Bartz said...

Cute birds on a lovely tag. I like the little crowns the birds are wearing, and just the look of them makes me happy. I do like the sprayed background.

Jeanie said...

I love your tag -- loads of wonderful textures and I'm such a sucker for birds! The spraying is really effective and I love the colors.

It's so windy here -- even when it's sunny the wind is cool. In fact, today is sweatshirt weather. At least it's not snowing but it sure is a weird spring!

Meggymay said...

This is a real fantastic happy tag, the birds are so cute and the crowns look real fun. Its a good quote as well. Thank you for joining us all at TioT's this time.
Yvonne xx