Sunday, April 2, 2017

Squeezing in in Triplicate

Hi everyone.
Yes, post number 2 for today, but I wanted to squeeze in a journal page to link up to Moo Mania. The theme for just another day or two  is In Triplicate.
Here's a page in my art journal that fits the bill as it has 3 faces. :) These are Dina Wakely images.
This sheet of water color paper that had been rubbed up on another wet sheet of water color paper. The original wet sheet  was too wet so I decided to dry it off using a new clean sheet.
I hand painted the flowering vines, and then stamped the images. I did paint the ladies hair though.
The question mark is from an acetate sheet in found while cleaning, and the butterfly is a little sticker. Finally I hand sketched a quick ink border around the page.
We have some gorgeous sunshine today and the birds are singing loudly. Its even fairly warm. All of that is good! Although the new snow from yesterday is actually pretty, it is hard to look at it that way, since it is April. Now we wait for the melt to happen, but with it predicted to be fairly warm this week, maybe it will go fast. I just hope this 12 inches of new snow (25 cm), is the last accumulating snow of until next winter!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone!

8 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely page, I love those Dina Wakley moon faces. Enjoy the sunshine! Hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

What a winderful page! I love how ARTSY this look. The background is wonderful and quite enough white space - PERFECT!
You see - spring comes - the snow will melt soon and then all will bloom !
I am sure!
We had a wonderful Sunday - they failed..as so often.
I was out and about with family and dogs - quite nice.
Wish you a fab start in the new work week!
Hope the test results will be good - finger crossed for you!
oxo Susi

froebelsternchen said...

I forgot to say how much pleasure it is that you linked to Moo Mania & More !
This is much appreciated dear Erika!
oxo Susi

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Gosh, I'm slower than slow today. This is a great page. I like how you described your process, and I like the triplicate you used for MM&M. Good for you!

Glad the snow is melting slowly, too. I agree that I hope this is the last of it, but we are scheduled for even MORE rain Tuesday. I just got my basement floor dried, too.

CJ Kennedy said...

Pretty page. Love the blue flowers. We didn't get as much snow as you did. Mostly sleet and rain. I don't think the storm was as bad down here as they were predicting. I'm not complaining. Hopefully, this is the last of the snow for the season.

Meggymay said...

Its a stunning page Erika, I love the flowers and how you added the stamped faces, I wonder what they are thinking.
I enjoyed reading your previous post as well.
Yvonne xx

Jeanie said...

I really like this, Erika. I like the angles and the faces are very enigmatic. The flowers are perfection. And the colors you used -- that blue and gold with the anchoring green and brown. Lovely. That blotting technique you used really worked. Nice~!

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Sometimes it does snow in April! Hope you'll have the last now, I'm sure we'll have a surprise with snow before Easter. The joys of North :)

Your journal page is so expressive with the lovely flowers and three faces, it's filled with the warmth of summer!

Love and hugs
Maarit