Friday, March 10, 2017

Tea Time

Happy Friday everyone. This busy week isn't yet winding down for me, but we're getting there. Unfortunately more COLD weather is coming in tonight, but there's a big snow storm a little bit south of us and luckily its NOT coming this far north. I guess the cold is better than a foot of snow. :)
So today I have a journal page to link up to Try It On Tuesday and their theme of Time for Tea. My page isn't half as beautiful as the entries there now, but its a part of my latest travel journal. When I visited my friends in New Mexico last week I spend a lot of the morning having  cups of tea and lots of interesting conversations.
 I sketched my actual tea cup. These interesting little quails were all over the cup. Mine kind of look like bizarre ants or something, but I still like them. And due to the size difference between the actual cup and my draw, painted and cut out cup, I could only fit in  few of these little birds.
The cup looks better when you see it as part of the whole spread since my journal didn't want to lay flat  to be photographed and when I enlarge the cup it looks a little warped.
Some of you might have seen this photo when I posted it last week, but I thought i would show it again so that you can see how the quails really looked on it.

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend ahead.

13 comments:

CJ Kennedy said...

I think your page is spectacular. I like the primitive drawing style. Makes it feel like real ancient Native People's drawings. Stay warm!

chrissie said...

Terrific page and such a great mug

Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday

Love Chrissie xx

Meggymay said...

Its a fabulous journal page Erika. I love the hand drawn version of the cup. I think we all have the problem of the journals not laying flat for photographs.
Thank you for joining is and sharing your cuppa with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
Yvonne xx

Faye said...

Your journal pages are lovely and especially the quail cup! Not sure I could even draw a cup, much less quail. The double page spread as well as your header have a beautiful southwestern look.

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your wonderful journal and the tea page with the quail cup, great idea. Thanks for joining us at TIOT! Have a wonderful weekend, hugs, Valerie

Indira said...

Interesting looking cup. Great journal spread!Thanks for visiting my blog and for the thoughtful comments.

froebelsternchen said...

Your pages are just GREAT - love the mug!
Thank you for joining us at TioT Erika!
Happy weekend to you!
oxo Susi

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I think this is a GREAT interpretation of the cup you used in New Mexico. I think this is a great spread, and a good tea time story, too.

Hope your weekend is great. By now it really IS the weekend for you.

We would gladly take any moisture you want to give us, because many of the fires that have broken out over the state these past few days are due to high winds and low humidity, as well as lack of moisture.

Mrs.B said...

A great page Erika and such a unique mug,
Thanks for sharing with us at TioT
Avril xx

Lula said...

Beautiful page Erika! Love the hand drawing! Thanks for sharing it with us over at TioT this time.

Divers and Sundry said...

I like seeing your interpretation of your inspiration mug :) Your firelace looks so cozy!

Anonymous said...

Great cup and journal pages, nice souvenir of your trip. xox

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love this fabulous journal page! The mug makes me smile ! So pleased you joined us at Try It On Tuesday! Chrisx