Thursday, May 12, 2016

Travel Journaling

Hi everyone. Today I have some more of my 50 States (USA) altered book to show you. I showed you a few pages last week which can be found here Altered Book Journey  if you are interested.
I am also linking this post up to Art Journal Journey. This month the theme is journeys.
So I began my book in the Northeast corner of the US, called for those of you unfamiliar with the area, New England. This part of the US was settled by the English, which explains the name. Lots of our towns have British names, which I discovered several years ago while visiting England, are still pronounced in the British English manner. My birth city is Worcester, which is pronounced more like Wooster, and not War-cest-er like it is spelled. This  area also has towns like York, Leceister, Durham, Portsmouth, Hampton, Tewksbury, Lancaster, Plymouth...I think you get the drift.
Just in case you are curious
This is my home area, and I have lived in New England all my life. Plus the states here are fairly small (compared to out in the western US) so I am always traveling between many of the 6 states in this area.   
So today here are my New England pages.




Hope you enjoyed the views!

10 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I really enjoyed that trip to New England. I think it's a wonderful adventure, and your beautiful book makes a bold statement. The colors are swell, the layouts are incredible, and of course, the subject matter is pretty special, too. I love all the embellishments you used and the window you created. This is a simply adorable entry. I love it all!

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful pages, they must bring back a lot of happy memories for you! Thanks for your support at AJJ again and have a great day, hugs, Valerie

kat said...

Oh lots of great colourful journal pages here, super! Each page must have its own special meaning to you too.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the view very very much, what a wonderful treasure you have created,

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

To answer your question, if I find time to get them off my camera (I'm hand washing delicate laundry and other essential work today), the elephants will be on my blog in the morning!

froebelsternchen said...

Wow.. those pages are really super - I love to see your ALtered Book US states journal...
I can travel through the USA with you know... great!
You are a very great "Journeys" hostess Erika! Thank you for another fab entry. I didn't create anything yet - so much to do here - and -- I will reorganize my craft area - I got now a new room - although I had a fab one upstairs - but one of my dogs got older meanwhile and it will be difficult for him to do the many stairs so often -
- he is always with me the whole day as you know.. so I decided to take a free room on the ground floor now .. but it will take me much time to bring all the stuff downstairs and reorganize it ....and I am looking for a new kitchen as well ... I so hope I will find something not to expensive.

oxo Susi

Meggymay said...

Fantastic pages, I enjoyed seeing all the additions and the words you added to the pages, you will have some lovely memories.
Yvonne x

Margik said...

Wonderful pages with interesting images and memories!
Mar xx

~*~Patty S said...

The views are great Erika and such an interesting post too.
Happy beginning of the weekend.
oxo

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I really like the energy of your work, especially on that first seascape. Blessings!