Sunday, November 22, 2015

Getting a Little Holiday

My studio space is STILL a mess in my major cleaning project, but the other night when I decided I wasn't going to clean, I spent some time doodling and playing on some partially finished pages.
 I was feeling a little bit Christmasy with this one. Painting, doodling, stamping and adding a TH found relative card was the basis of this spread.
I got these stamps marked way down when my favorite local craft store (now out of business) was selling off inventory. I wanted to try them out which is how this page got started. 
Kind of sad not to have anything other than a big box store to go to now for craft supplies or checking out new items, but I guess life is moving on in so many ways. 
I did manage to get some other fun items marked way down during my last trip before the craft store closed-which was about a week before they closed for good. 
 My entire bill was less than the regular cost of all these Stencil  Girl stencils.  
 Most of my purchases were these gift bags which were wrapped closed with these ribbons. I think ribbon will find good uses in my projects.
 As will these assorted ephemera pieces.
 I ended up buying like 6 gift bags. 5 of those bags each contained one of these paper packs or journals. The bags were priced less than most of these journals sell for.
The other bag contained these 2 books. Along with other things like some stamps or some paint or texture paste.
I guess I played Santa for myself a little bit that day. 

So hope everyone's weekend is going well. I need to get myself moving here. Its a dark damp morning here in New Hampshire, but my studio cleaning is calling me. Even though sitting here and poking about on the computer is fun and relaxing...life is still moving on.
Enjoy what's left to weekend!

3 comments:

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

A very striking journal spread, Erika, I like the bold look of it. Great new goodies to enjoy, even if it's sad when so many smaller stores have to close. Hope you're having a lovely Sunday evening!

Love and hugs
Maarit

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely pages and great goodies. We haven't got any craft stores near here :(
Have a lovely day, hugs, Valerie

Irene Rafael said...

Your journal pages are beautiful and vibrant. It looks like you found some treasures. Lucky you! Have a lovely week!