Thursday, July 9, 2015

The Journey

Here's another postage page for Art Journal Journey.  The man is Walter (Wally)(B-Line Design rubber stamps), and he is starting a long journey. I had a lot of problems with the background on this page. It was made of many layers before I got to one I could live  with. 
Then I added these cool art stamps I had in my stash (was fun to find them and then use them), and the die cut and the letter stickers.
Sometimes I think it is better to give up on a page than get tunnel vision about a page, like I did this one. I just had to finish it. I spent way too much time on it. I don't think its a page that was worth all the time.
Wally with be back though.
So yesterday I went to work around my house. Always a good way to cheer oneself up.  I decided to go with the flow of the ceiling construction zone and repaint my walls to clean them up. And when I went to find the paint can in the basement, it was 2/3 filled so I was able to paint without buying paint. So I downloaded some Barbara Streisand from iTunes and listened to some classics, singing pretty loud and pretty bad.Smile!
Still no kitty though. I put up posters and checked with the police to see if anyone had called about a stray cat.
Wish I knew what happened.
That's all for me. Enjoy your day!


9 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Barbra Streisand is surely a good companion to work with. I LOVE your journal page, and it was surely worth the time spent on it, and those gorgeous stamps. Thanks for joining us again at Art Journal Journey, always good to see you there! Have a nice day, hugs, Valerie

Blogoratti said...

That was a nice one, really creative and colourful.

Anonymous said...

Oh kitty, stinko, hope she turns up. Fun to just be able to do isn't it and not have to run three errands to get there. xox

Gryczová Denisa said...

Stunning spread!!

froebelsternchen said...

The page is super Erika .. worth the time you spent on it for sure! Great you had fab music ..so the painting job was much easier. I wish for kitty that she turns up! Fingers crossed!
A big Thank you for another fantastic page to Art Journal Journey POST& POSTAGE Erika!
oxo
Susi

Little Artbee said...

Great page with all the very decorative post stamps. Very good composed. I like it much.
Greetings
Sabine

Meggymay said...

The time you spent with this page was worth you doing so. Super background for all the wonderful images and details.
Yvonne

Ricki Treleaven said...

Your journal pages are beautiful. I need to learn how to use all the supplies (if I ever get them). I'm an oil painter and new to art journaling. I want to draw a little everyday!

Your pages are truly inspiring.

xo,
Ricki Jill

Margik said...

What fabulous page, Erika! Love love love it... the design is amazing.
Mar x