Thursday, August 28, 2014

Smooth Sailing

Man, this week has wiped me out. Between the heat and school getting back in session, it has been quite the week. But now that it is Thursday I am hoping for smooth sailing into the long weekend. 
Very very happy we have a long weekend after this week. I always find the first week of school exhausting. Also happy the humidity is suppose to be gone! That'll help a lot!
Here's a page I made back a bit. Wow- was it only summer vacation last week? I am right back into the work habit and it seems much longer than just a few days.
So the map on this page is actually a napkin I scooped up at my mother-in-laws over the 4th of July weekend. This is one of the places my husband grew up in, in fact he graduated from high school in Cape Elizabeth, Maine. I used matte medium to attach it to the page, and then I painted and stamped and stenciled. The ship (love this Impression Obsession stamp) is stamped on clear acetate and then added. I wanted it to stand out a bit and not just be flat on the background.
I posted this piece at Art Journal Every Day on Julie Fei-Fan Balzar's blog.
Hope to get out on the water again this weekend. One of the problems at this time of year is that we all know the longer days of nice summer weather are limited. Enjoy them while we can!
Have a great day!

1 comment:

SCarol said...

This is wonderful! Love that you started with a napkin! and got this wonderful end result.