Friday, August 22, 2014

Frida

This  week I was inspired by Art Journal Journey's theme of Frida Kahlo.  I made a couple of pages to celebrate the life of this talented woman.
Her faces are Postmodern Design rubber stamps from my stash.
I used a lot of layering to make the background on this upper page. Layers included paints, scraps off my table, a dried out baby wipe, a Gelli printed deli wrap sheet, doodling, embossing powder...practically anything I could get my hands on.
And page 2-
A little more feminine and light. The background on this page is made from gluing down a paper towel. Not just a clean white paper towel, but the one I rolled over many wet inked pages to sop up the extra ink. Once it dried it made a very colorful and slightly textured background. I also did some background stamping right on the paper towel.
This is a snapshot I took before I finished the page but you can see the quote a little better here.
It has been a great studio week for me. Lots of fun time playing, planning and thinking about art. What more could a bioartgal want on the last week of her summer vacation?
Thanks for visiting.

By the way- I am linking to Paint Party FridayArt Journal Journey and also Art Journal Every Day


13 comments:

SLScheibe said...

Your Frida art is just gorgeous! I love the pink one with the butterfly. :)

Valerie-Jael said...

Wow, your Frida journal pages have made my heart dance for happiness! So glad you joined in the theme at AJJ! Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

Both pages are gorgeous Erika! I love both .. the first one is so expressive and the second one is colorful and artsy..
Thank you so much for joining
ART JOURNAL JOURNEY!
You made us happy to have you with us!
Happy PPF as well!
xxx
Susi

Helen Campbell said...

Oh, I like your Frida pieces. Lovely texture and colors!

Linda Kunsman said...

fantastic Frida art Erika!! I especially love the textural white flowers-nice! I have some Post Modern design stamps too -I wonder if they're still in business? I also have that same quote stamp:)

Netty said...

Lovely Fridas and great backgrounds.
Happy PPF, Annette x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

Tammie Dickerson said...

Wonderful Frida work! I think the one with the daisies is my fav! Happy PPF!

Giggles said...

Gorgeous work...love all the texture and color!!

Hugs Giggles

Jo said...

Wonderful!!

DVArtist said...

Your Frida art is wonderful. Have a nice weekend
Nicole/Beadwright

~*~Patty S said...

Your fab Frida pages are full of passion and depth!
oxo

Karla B said...

Gorgeous Frida!

Little Artbee said...

Very good Frida Art. Two pages and two moods.
Dear Greetings
Sabine