Thursday, August 14, 2014

A Great Rainy Day

It really rained yesterday. A good day to hang home and just have fun. I pulled out my Gelli plate and had a great couple hours making tons of deli papers and watercolor paper  prints. Just call me the Gelli Print Queen. Ha-Ha!

My paint covered plate waiting for some design. I don't make gelli prints regularly but every few months I get a big hankering to play, and when I play, I make a whole stash of prints. 
I bought this big design roller stamp early in the summer. Wasn't sure if it was really going to work but it worked great. I love the straight lines it makes.




I am always amazed how cool these prints come out. I used some stencils and a plastic disposable knife and some plastic wrap along with my big roller stamp to make these designs. Nothing too fancy. Its all about the layering.
 Then I spent my rainy afternoon cooking and relaxing. I made some of these yummy ginger cookies. These are the best. I haven't made any in forever.

 And in between baking cookies it was a chick flick afternoon. Some days just call for those fun romantic movies you've watched like 10 times before. Still, great to see them.

And I thought I needed to go out. But staying inside and doing things I don't normally do made it an excellent day. How was your day?


18 comments:

Clare Lloyd said...

Cool prints.

Faye said...

I really needed you to be there as I was taking my first steps into gelli print making, Erika. Yours are just fantastic. You have some wonderful background papers to play with now.

Claire said...

Love your papers!! And cookies and movies? Can I drop by? *grin*
Happy PPF :)
no. 24

Valerie-Jael said...

Well, Mrs Gelli plate Queen, you did really well! And I love the look of those cookies, yummy! Valerie

DVArtist said...

This is the perfect day right? Art, movies, and cookies.
Glad you had such a nice day.
Nicole/Beadwright

GlorV1 said...

Your prints are terrific. Great job done. Happy PPF!

sheila 77 said...

I liked seeing your acrylics all lined up ready to go. You've made some fabulous pages, it looks as if you had fun.
I agree with Nicole, it seems that you had a perfect kind of day, and I hope you did.

Linda Kunsman said...

Oh I DO love a good rainy indoor day like yours!! Too bad we're so far away from each other- we could have a gelli plate printing queen competition :) Fantastic prints! Love the Bridget Jones movie too.

Netty said...

sounds like a great day Erika and love your prints. Happy PPF, Annette x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

Unknown said...

Beautiful creativity. fantastic prints! Thank you for sharing!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I LOVE all of your gelli prints! They'll make great papers for collages, backgrounds for other artwork, cards and other projects. Some of them could even be framed on their own. Your cookies look delicious and they're making me hungry, since I haven't had breakfast yet - LOL! Blessings!

Carol said...

Those are some really great prints!!!! i can get lost in days like that where you just keep playing and playing and letting the energy flow ♥ The cookies look and sound so yummy...me thinks I"m going to bake a Fresh Apple cake today.... Lots of apples falling off my tree.

Giggles said...

Love your geli prints they are fabulous!! The cookies look yummy too!

Hugs Giggles

lorik said...

Your photographs of your art progression are works of art in themselves. The second...the covered plate...makes a beautiful abstract -just look at those colours contrasts and textures. My favourite pics are the 4th and 5th after the roller. - especially the one top left hand corner of the 5th. Thanks for visiting my new meme:) You already have lots of geometric art:)!

Laura said...

Love seeing your gelli prints. Fun isn't it? Never tried Liquitex. On my wish list now. Thanks.

Beth Niquette said...

What an interesting post. How amazing. Your artwork is a feast for the eyes.

Tammie Dickerson said...

Wow! You got an amazing amount of prints done - and they are all so different! My daughter loves ginger cookies - so I will have to try your recipe - they look delicious! Sounds like a wonderful rainy day, well spent!

Deepa Gopal said...

Your gelli prints are fab!!! Loved them all :)
Deepa
http://deepazworld.blogspot.in/