Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Chocolate Baroque Stamps and Silks Paints

Back on my vacation I made a bunch of cards. These were made using Chocolate Baroque rubber stamps-one of my favorite companies.(All images today are from this company except for the background on this top card.)
I showed you how I made this top card last week in this post
this card's colors so much I had to show you again.
I did all my painting with Silks paints.
How you tried them?
I am hooked since I saw them demoed at my favorite craft store awhile back.
I love the bright colors and with mica in them they have this sheen that makes me melt.
PLus the first time you paint with them they dry transparent, and for a more opaque finish just add one or more coats. 
Very cool.
And
No I don't represent either company.
This card I started by embossing the flower several times on the card front. I painted with silks and added little black pen dots to finish it off. The solid butterfly is an embossed image too, which I then cut out. I added the die cut piece with my saying stamped on it.

I made this card by painting with some Silk paint on the centerpiece flower. Then I rubbed Silks metallic powder over it. I used black. The powder will not stick to the Silks paint but sticks to the unpainted surfaces. Really cool. Then I added white pen dots. I used Copics to color the leaves, and added the saying.
Here's the sets I used to make these cards.


Wow, that's a long post today.
Hope you enjoyed it
and stop back soon.





No comments: