Sunday, April 27, 2014

Starting My Summer Journal

Started my Explorer Journal the other day.
Very happy with my title page. I watercolored the background and then I made my clouds with gobs of white acrylic paint and some Martha Stewart sparkle medium. I purposefully made the tops of the clouds heavier than the bottoms, and I think that gives them so great depth and realism. I cut out the letters of my explorer word after drawing them out on some paper (October Afternoon) and stamped the Wicked Good and the Journey words. I also stamped the little airplanes (Hero Arts).
I also made a tag for this journal too. The background is made with paint, Dylusions spray ink,inked dots, painted dots, Sharpie doodling and some oil pastels. The gorilla was first cut out from a 7Gypsies tag, then colored, and glued onto a black circle I doodled. Then I doodled the frame around him. Finally I used some Glossy Accent to make the gorilla into more of a popped up, epoxied style embellishment. 
Here's the back of the tage. I used another 7Gypsies image cut out of the tag it came on. I also colored it and used Glossy Accents on the eyes to make them pop.
This face is how I felt all week with those crazy kids at school.
HA!
Planning on time in the studio today. Have a lot of projects I want to work on, including more of this journal. My house desperately needs some picking up and cleaning too, but since I'm off all week I have plenty of time to that.
Yesterday was the first day of my vacation. I ended up going to Costco and spending way too much cash! Was a lot of fun though, especially since I got to go with my daughter. Plenty of time for some good girl talk! Plus we got some good stuff at Costco!
Until next post-
Adios!



No comments: