Friday, February 7, 2014

Travel Journal

Or a better title- my snow day-part 2.
I spent a big chunk of my day off playing in the studio and watching some old episodes of the X Files.
I thought I'd post a few snapshots of the travel journal I worked on for my up coming vacation.
Last Friday I posted the cover which I had already finished up.
During the Superbowl I put in some pages and then Wednesday when I was home I added a little embellishment to a few of the pages.
I didn't finish off any pages. I want to be able to add all kinds of things to them once I arrive at my destinations- Santa Fe and Taos, New Mexico.
In 2 weeks!!!!!
YAHOO!!!!

Lots of stenciling with acrylic paint of this page.  And I added the center label as this is my inner title page and wanted it to have a place for me to put in my title.  Letters are from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous worn text. I bought this set back before Christmas on one of those Black Friday super sales, and I find the more I use these letters, the more I really like them.
The February word is from Hero Arts.
I don't want my journals to be too repetitive, so I like to shake them up a bit. Add an envelope as a page, or use a tag for a page. Here I added this sheet of October Afternoon Daily Flash paper. The map is great, and I added the circle and stamped arrow, along with the cool banner image from October Afternoon.
I bought this great set of little stamps at Michael's last week
I only paid $4.99 for them which I thought made them a super bargain.
I used several of these mini-images on my pages-
including the Big Plans arrow on the map above this.
The book I am using for this journal is a chipboard book from Maya Road. I chose to only use a couple of the inner chipboard pages because I wanted some white-ish pages and also because I wanted more pages than the book could hold if I used all the chipboard. This above page is the back of one of the chipboard pages.
I painted it, added the wide Washi tape and then stencil some hearts (Tim Hotlz).  The heart graph paper image is from a set of Project Life cards that I picked up on a sale table a while back. I'm not doing a Project Life album, but I like having these journaling cards for projects like this.
Here's a couple more pages in the journal, both where I used some more of these Project Life cards.
This one with the BIG quote folds close.
And underneath this is the back of another chipboard page.
I covered it with this copper paper that was in my stash (I also used it on the front page), the same wide washi tape as the other page in the post and some more stenciled red hearts. I added another Project Life card and then added some images I stamped, colored and cut out.
 I have a few more pre-trip page to show you some other time. And once I'm back from my journey I'll put the finishing touches on my journal and then I'll show you how it looks finished up.
Thanks for stopping by!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your travel journal! Great way to get excited about the trip, too. And wow on those stamps. Total score!

Nancy B said...

Your journal is looking great! I love that copper paper.