Thursday, May 2, 2013

Fun and Silly

I hate when I miss the light shadow and it plagues my photos.
GRRR.
Anyhow, made a BIG batch of fun  and playful cards. Last batch for year to send to my little girl at college-since in 2 weeks she will be home.
Here's the one of those cards. My daughter is now 21 and exploring the world of fun drinks, so I thought she might get a kick out of this card.
Hate the shadow.
All the images on this card are from Paper Smooches. 
I stamped the drink images onto the card and then onto white paper. I colored and cut out the white paper images and attached them to the card to give it a little more pop.
Another nasty shadow, so please ignore that.

I started with this cool swirls- they are from Kim Hughes when she designed for the old Cornish Heritage Farms.
The sailboat is an older die from Sizzix.
I doodled the clouds and used some white acrylic paint to fill them in and make them look a little more fluffy and cloud like. The saying is from Paper Smooches, the same travel set as the drinks in the card above.
The set is called Get Outta Town.
I have the Get Outta Town cravings. More of a get on a boat kind of craving. 
Must be the nice weather and the feeling of wanting to rock with the waves and get some sun on my skin.
Maybe one of those yummy tropical drinks too.
It's spring!!!!!
Have a great day and I'm glad you stopped by.


No comments: