Wednesday, April 10, 2013

I'm Taking the Scenic Route

Not going any place to exotic today, but I am heading north to Waterville Valley, NH for a conference. Waterville Valley is one of New Hampshire's premier ski resorts, but I am not skiing. It should be pretty and scenic up in the mountains in an early spring kind of way,probably some snow still on the ground, some mud, bare trees...still it is a change of scenery and I haven't been to Waterville Valley in years. My husband's aunt and uncle used to have a condo here which we occasionally would use about this time of year for a cheap weekend away. Hopefully this environmental education conference will be good.
I made this card by stamping the cool Hero Arts worlds map background stamp. I colored the unit using Copics Markers and then inking the oceans by using a stipple brush to apply turquoise ink. The suitcase is another Hero Arts image that I colored and cut out. The other image is the saying which I believe is from Stamper's Anonymous. I added some October Afternoon rub ons above that.
Finally some Pima little metal embellishments and a Pima wooden airplane embellishment too.
Not the day yesterday was-though cloudy it was in the high sixties- oh so spring like and beautiful- and such a mother nature tease!
Have a great Wednesday.

No comments: