Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Eat Your Veggies

Remember those Stamp in the Hand fruit and veggie stamps you used to see every where? Now I think you can only find them on eBay, and I am not even sure Stamp in the Hand is still in business. They were so much fun. I decided to dig mine out the other week and make some card to sends to my daughter off at school.
You know, with spring arriving so slowly (for us at least) and me wanted to go play in the soil.
These stamps are fun because if you color them with a watercolor marker, give them a mist and then stamp on glossy cardstock, you get some great images. Wood cut looks, which I really like.
This image is just the inner part of the card, I cut off the plain edges.
I stamped the canning jar twice, once on acetate and once on white paper.  I only used the cap on the white paper image, which I used some silver Distress stain on. And I used the glass bottom on the acetate image.
Banner is stamped and die cut from Paper Smooches. Saying is also from Stamp in the Hand.
I stamped it and outlined it with Distress Markers.
And I love the artichoke-also from Stamp in the Hand.
I used 2 colors of green distress markers to make this image. And I love the background with this image too-kind of looks like the artichoke pieces.  I used a light pink background and sprayed it with light green Dylusion's spray ink and a Crafter's workshop stencil. Then I used an old Postmodern Design word slab stamp that says artichoke and stamped it several times in green. Finally, the main word (Rubber Moon) which I stamped and embossed in black.
Counting down until my vacation starts. Including today- 3 more days of work!
Happy Hump Day

No comments: