Sunday, April 28, 2013

Another Vacation Bites the Dust

There's no way of stopping it from happening but alas, it has come, the end of my week off. Tomorrow it is back to work, BUT it is the last leg of the school year. Senioritis with be in FULL swing, and since I have 2 classes with almost all seniors, it should be a blast. AND the weather is getting more and more spring like and things are greening up. It is getting light so early in the morning and staying light at night too.
Think I can make it through this stretch.
In just a couple of weeks Katie will be moving home from college for the summer and then things will be hopping around here too.
Dave will be getting his new truck and the boat will be coming home and then off to the marina for the summer. Boating and fishing season will move into full swing.
I've got 2 trips planned this summer-one with my family and one from work to get some grad credits and to have a wild adventure in an exotic place.
All of that is coming.
It is an exciting time of year.
So today, some more scrap-journal pages from Arizona-2012.
I hardly made it into the studio all vacation-it was a real work around the house week,
but I feel good I got a bunch of chores completed! Yeah!
Snippets from pages- this one is a postcard of Bisbee that I had picked up. I used 2 scraps of background paper and then used a bit of distress stain around where the postcard would go. After I added the postcard I outlined it with black Sharpie. I cut an stamped the banner (Paper Smooches), colored the edge and wrote in the title. I added the  random October Afternoon letter stickers to make the other title and then I added the little Jenni Bowlin metal button sticker.
Also in Bisbee there was this giant fly sculpture I thought rather interesting (being a biologist by trade and all).
Here's views of the page I made using this photo.

Here's the side of the page. I used some Tim Holtz tissue paper on the page and then added some Distress stain. Some paper tape, and then I added some of these snap embellishments from Pima. Also, I used some red Distress paint around the photo and then outlined the photo with black Sharpie.
Background under the photo is some deli paper that I painted and decorated prior to using. Then I added some October Afternoon alphabet letters and outlined each with a fine line black Sharpie.

So this week it will be May. Where did April go to?
Have a great rest of your weekend!

No comments: