Thursday, March 7, 2013

A Couple of Cards for You

I am behind on snapping photos of my art work...been tired this week getting back into the swing of things after a vacation and a trip. Actually, I finally made it into the studio the other day, after being gone for a week and then trying to get back into the swing of real life. But I have a bunch of cards I haven't shown you yet so today, here's a couple. Today's theme, funky designs.
First of all I used a very blue painted page and then used an Impression Obsession backgrounder stamp in white embossing powder. Gives this cup a bit of depth and pop. I did a bit of outlining in black Sharpie, and I colored and used Stickles on the inner tea part. I added a little bow, some little red stamped stars and the saying from Hot Off the Press.
And here I used a gelli print which I die cut into an oval. I added the sheep, but before that I used some of Tim Holtz's watercolor markers to outline the oval. Then I wet brushed them to give that slightly fuzzy diffuse look. On the sheep I added the words (Hero Arts).
Simple, but I love the way the Gelli print oval gives the card a big pop. And the colors are springy too, which I can certainly use at this time of year. Especially since we are getting snow!!!!!
Again.
We already have a good foot on the ground and it is time to get rid of that. Since February began we are in the snow zone...I don't like late winters.
Man oh man.
Thanks for stopping by!


No comments: