Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Holiday Journalling

Wow, it is January 8th already. Can you believe how fast time is flying in this new year?
I am busy trying to wrap up my holiday journal before we get too far into the new year. I want to show you some more shots of what I've been doing.
I like this bow I made by folding scraps/strips of red paper. The 2 edges meet in the middle on the bottom of each strip. I made the strips varying lengths and then I layered the strips.Then once the bow was assembled I sprayed it with some platinum Perfect Pearls.The background is scraps of wrapping paper from our holiday.

How about some business style paper (October Afternoon) that I stamped with some green money signs? And this Tim Holtz/Sizzix car with half a die cut tree (Sizzix) on top. Probably should have cut the middle a little less straight, but I like the car on the tree. It is sparklely paper, but the photo doesn't  show that. The lady behind the wheel is an October Afternoon sticker that I embellished with coloring and Stickles.
Sometimes decorating just mean using a list of words and phrases.
I love word lists in my journaling.
A die cut tree and deer (Sizzix) and can you notice the words stamped on the Distress stained deer?
December joy banner is a stamped image from Technique Tuesday. The fun background paper is from October Afternoon.
And how about another list of words...along with this October Afternoon journaling tag?
Tired of holiday journal pages yet?
I am getting there. It is the 8th of the January which means I should be thinking of showing you other things. I should be thinking of making lots of other things too. That is kind of why this journal isn't finished...needed to do a few other things too. I have mentally moved on from the holidays but some projects just need to be wrapped up and not shelved for later. That is this book for sure! Just about done though-
Hurrah!
Thanks for stopping by and make it a great day!







No comments: