Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Work just gets in the way of Art

I've gotten way behind in my summer journal project. I should be wrapping it up now since it was suppose to go through Labor Day, but instead I have only finished through early August.
Oh well.
 I will just take my time, and enjoy doing the pages instead of rushing  just to have it done.
As my title states-work takes up so much time- especially at the beginning of the school year.
Plus with the hubby still home and out of work...my arting schedule hasn't really been able to be established when I get home in the late afternoon.
I like this page.
I like the photo, how it looks on this paper-(which I don't really like that much) and I like the words with the brush of glitter over them. I also like the frosty on this donut. The Viva paint pen dots and the shine on the frosting makes that part look like actual frosting.
And how about playing with color and just exaggerating the effects of a photo?
The green strip on the bottom is actually from a page underneath this page-since this page is a bit shorter.
I like to vary the sizes of my pages-I think it visually is more interesting.

I used  Dylusions spray ink, some die cuts circles from Quickutz, some red tape, a Technique Tuesday stamp and my computer's Photoshop on the snapshot.
Thanks for visiting!

No comments: