Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Summer Journal

Here's a page of my summer journal that I didn't care too much for at first, but then I played with it and now I am happy with it. I especially like this little bird.
Tim Holtz now makes this giant tags, which are great for a 3 holed punched album. I covered mine in assorted tapes, added some ink rubbing over the tapes and papers, added a photo with a frame around it, and then added this die cut. I actually cut the die cut out a brown paper bag, and then I colored the bird with both Copics and Tim Holtz markers. Then I used a white pen to add some details to the bird which I particular like.
Here's the whole tag, inside the binder at a weird angle.
Here's another page photographed at a slightly weird angel. It goes with the top tag since the photo on it was taken the same day and has that same woodsy feel. I also used a brown paper bag to cover some watercolor paper, and then I ran an ink pad over it to give it a bit more depth. 
I also used and 8x8 piece of printed paper, a punched row of evergreen trees, inked dark green, some die cut letters, a brown Copic to doodle the edges around the paper, a solid brown moose sticker and some polka-dot sheer ribbon trim.
Here's a close up, more clear view of the top- you can also see I added some green tape along the left hand edge of the page.
So yesterday I made it through another day of being back to work-I woke up too early though-stress was getting to me. And today, the whole shebang is on- all the kids are back and it is the first official day of classes.
Summer vacation feels like it was a long time ago.
Thanks for visiting.




No comments: