Friday, July 6, 2012

Boating Pages

Here's a piece of summer scrap-journal boat art- since I am off boating today. I used an old calendar page as my background and this cool rope frame stamp I had- which I embossed. The words in the frame are all stamped except the boating sticker word. Stamps used are (in order from top to bottom) Technique Tuesday-first 2 and then Stampotique -last 3 boxed words).
And here's a simple page (or part of a page) using plain blue paper that I lightly brushed with blue ink to give ink to give it a bit of some depth. Then I added the photo- a die cut and spray inked (Dylusions) in yellow circle to make a very bold sun. I also die cut the letters (Spellbinders) and outlined them in black. The 2 designs on either side of the word are from the same letter die cut set. I also highlighted them in black, added a black stamped dot and some blue Stickles. I did some journaling by hand underneath the voyage word but cut that out of the photo.
This is a horrible photo. I need to lighten, brighten and crop this photo down, but  you can get the gist. This is what we are doing today- some fishing. I used  some Paper Artsy stamps and a Technique Tuesday stamp on this tag. Plus some spray inks. Been spraying a lot lately.
Thought I needed to show a bit of art since it has been a few days. 
Have a great one- I got to run- I am off boating myself.



No comments: