Monday, May 7, 2012

Weekend Wrap UP

Good morning and happy Monday everyone. Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend.
Yesterday was sunny-finally-but a bit cool. Besides a nice walk I finished rereading my Sookie/ True Blood book 11 and started book 12-the new one I just got the other day. And I puttered, poked and spent all afternoon in the studio!!! So after having a fun and busy Saturday I had a fun and busy Sunday.
Here's a front of a card I made yesterday. I love this die-cut from Marianne, the Dutch company. I did both the doily and the flower-and sprayed the flower with some Dylusions Bubble Gum pink spray ink. And the little froggie-so cute- is from Hero Arts, as is the word bubble.
And I made this really fun inside-
Here's 2 views of the inside-Pop Up. For some reason the colors aren't so good in either view, I think the bottom is a bit too bright and the top is a bit too dark. So image it in between. I used a Sizzix pop up and some other Sizzix dies (frog), plus some cut out stamped images (more Hero Arts from this frog set) and the cloud and tree trunk I made. I actually love this frog-it is such a fun die cut. I wish the inside color had come out better, but you can get the gist of it. Took me forever to make this card but it was a blast and I love how fun it is.
It is off in the mail today to Miss Katie at college-this is her last full week and then she just has a few days next week-so before we know it she'll be home for the summer.
How exciting is that?
Thanks for stopping by.



No comments: