Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Poppies

Celebrating poppies in all kinds of ways today.
Here's a page I recently made in my Arizona scrap-journal of some wild poppies in the Sonoran Desert of Arizona.
I started this page by stamping with word poppies in orange ink using a Technique Tuesday alphabet set. Then I added a little Technique Tuesday butterfly in brown and some more TT leaves/vines in the same orange as the the words.
A spray of some orange Dylusions spray randomly over the page. I added the photo, some rusty paper scrap from a rick rack (spelling?) Sizzix die. I think the scrap edge words great here and I love not wasting that strip of paper. Then I created the swirl using orange and bronze Viva paint-pens and using a piece of cardboard and a Sizzix die I cut butterfly.
I also made the textured postmark using an embossing folder from Sizzix. Finally, the corners got some green spray just to finish off the page.
Here's a close up. You can see I also stamped this word bloom.

And here's some real poppies at the garden center last Friday. I love them enough I picked up a couple of perennials to plant in my garden so next spring I might get some pretty poppies ablooming.


So last night was stormy after a wet and foggy day- but at least it wasn't so bad having to go to work in that weather. But my poor puppy, he was a wreck with all the thunder rumbles.
Suppose to be a better day today.
Happy Wednesday! 





1 comment:

penny4thoughts said...

Hi Erika! Aren't poppies terrific flowers for inspiration? I've had red ones in my garden and hope they bloom again this year. Love your page with that wonderful Dylusions color! Do you think you will take classes with Dyan Reavely when she comes to Absolutely Everything in July? I was excited to find out about Julie Fei-Fan Balzer's classes in August - those would also be very fun and cool!