Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Some travel journal pages

Been working on my travel journal. It's not finished...but am wrapping it up. What I do is set some pages up before I leave on my trip, journal while I am there and when I come home I wrap it up. My travel journal isn't the scrapbook I will do, in my scrapbook/ scrap journal I put lots of photos in a more formal way. This travel journal is more the raw rough emotions from the trip, a few photos, some collages as I cut out brochures that I pick up, post cards...whatever seems to fit, I use. I want it as a guide for when I go back and scrapbook (helps me remember all those small details like hotel names and what we did each day-little sayings, the weather, how we felt....all those little details you tend to forget) and it is a great way to look back on my vacation. Plus it is small and fairly compact.
This time I used this little 3 ring binder I found at Staples...a new format for me, and I found I loved it. The 3 ring binder format gives me lots of flexibility. Just need to remember my hole punch next time I travel if I use this same format.
Here's a few pages.
I've shown you this page before, my inner title page. I did this page before I went away. I bought the old book cover facsimile page at my fav. craft store, added the October Afternoon soft travel tag, stamped the cactus (Earth Art International) on paper, colored it with Copics and then cut it out and attached it. The Feb is stamped with a Hero Arts stamp, the numbers are 7Gypsies and the Arizona letters are from Postmodern Design.
So here I added an older photo-I took this last year up near Lake Mead/Hoover Dam. You can get all these accessories for these little binders, an this is a clear page that I trimmed down a bit. On top of the photo I added some wooden scrabble letters to spell out Tucson where we stayed early on in the trip.
Here's the back of the Arizona page I showed you above (left side). I added the pocket our hotel keys came in with a sticker on it explaining where we stayed (helps to remember the name of the hotel later on). Inside the pocket I made a little tag with some info (you can only see it peeking out here) but it is attached to the big arrow with a paperclip. I also had some of these clear travel pieces (Tattered Angels) which I colored with some Sharpies on the back side and then attached to the page. Notice I had the arrow pointing southwest because we were in the southwest. You can see the corner of a journaling page on the right side of this photo, the page is from 7Gypsies which I decorated with a stamped and colored image (Earth Art International), some trim glued down-both of these I did before we left, and then I added the hand written journaling and some stickers as our trip went on.
Finally, here's this cool Bingo card made out of heavy cardboard. I found this at my fav craft store too, and I punched it to fit this notebook. I didn't do too much to it, the Saguaro square is a sticker I bought at the
park and added to the page. Then I added a small die cut star which I colored and outlined. I also bought a few little southwestern rubber stamps from a store in Bisbee-these stamps are also from a company in Bisbee which I thought was a perfect trip souvenir. I stamped the cactus 3 times on paper in black, colored them and then cut them out and added them to the page.
Thanks for stopping by and visiting.
Have a great Wednesday.


No comments: