Monday, March 5, 2012

Oh man, this day had to come

Monday and I must go back to work!
Vacations always go too fast, don't they?
But it is March-which started last week like a lion
 and they say will be more lamb like by the end of this week.
Last week we got over 1 foot of snow and they are saying it will be near 60 degrees by Thursday.
Of course it is only Monday and the weather can change in a blink of an eye.
Here's the front of a simple card I made using some Paper Smooches stamps. They all come from this set Eco-Friendly. I stamped the snowflakes in white and then stamps the wind swirls are using some white and also some Versa-Mark.
I stamped the clouds on white paper and cut them out and same with the lion and lamb, but I did color those with Copic markers. The March word is from a set by Hero Arts. Also, ignore the tips of my fingers on the bottom right of the photo.
The goal of my card is show how March is, at least here in the Northeastern U.S. The front is windy and snowy because that is often how winter starts and I love the lion and lamb image.
It is a tri-fold card so I can show how much things sometimes change during this month. And of course since this is New Hampshire, sometimes they  don't change at all and winter just keeps going and going.
Since this March card is a tri-fold, this is the middle. I chose the kite because it seems like in mid-March we get some wind which helps dry up all the melting snow and the mud you get after the snow melts. I remember going kite flying with my Dad on a Sunday after church and it is one of those great memories. I used Versa-Mark to make some wind swirls, stamped the clouds again from the Eco-Friendly set. The kite and the sunglasses are from the Sunny Side Up set also by Paper Smooches. The saying is also from the Eco-Friendly set.
Finally, here's the inside of the card.
This is my favorite panel of the card. All stamps are from Kim Hughes, most of them are from Paper Smooches except for the bare tree which is from the Kim Hughes line back when she designed for Cornish Heritage Farms. The sun is from Eco-Friendly, the little bird and music notes is from the My Peeps set, and the tulips and words are from the Spring Fling set. I chose the live in color stamp because it seems like you go brown brown and grey and blah to suddenly everything greening up and flowers starting to bloom and birds returning and singing...boom...life comes back to being colorful.
I can't wait for this snow we got to melt and for spring to really start.
Thanks for visiting. 





No comments: