Thursday, March 8, 2012

More Travel Journal Pages


Here's an inner spread from my vacationt travel journal. Most of this was done during the trip. I started on the left by taking a 7Gypsies paper and using a Crafter's Workshop stencil and some Vermillion colored ink and a stenciling bush to but on the great starburst design. Then I just added a coaster and a small note. Simple, but tells me the story I want. The day I did this was a beautiful and warm sunny day and all I wanted to do was sit in the sun and soak it up. So I used a 7Gypsies tag that says TODAY and I attached a saying from Technique Tuesday with double sided tape and a copper round paperclip. The great thing about doing a travle journal on so many trips is that I have a small plastic bag of papers, stamped items and tags that have been collected over time. All I need to do is add a few trip appropriate items to this bag each time-this time I was going west so I added a few items I thought I might need. The Technique Tuesday saying was stamped and brought last sumemr when I went to visit a friend on the Outer Banks of North Carolina.
Underneath is a postcard I bought and punched holes in and under that is another 7Gypsies page that I journaled on and added a couple of star diecuts I had purchased in the past, a couple of letter stickers to make the word no and the word ghost cut out of a borchure I picked up onthe trip.
This page is made on a piece of graph paper that I bought for this ntoebook at Staples. I ripepd the 2 edges (top and bottom) to make it smaller. I added a labelf rom a local iced tea I had purchased, and first I wrote abvoe it but then decided I didn't want that and scratched it out. To cover that up I added a piece or orange punched trim that was in my scrap bag. The car is a softie sticker from October Afternoon (this was one of my additions into the scrap bag for this trip) and I stamped one of my new rubber stamps below that.
Besides bringing my little scrap paper bag I have a small metal suitcase I bring (it measures like 4x6 and is about 3 inches high). In it I keep some double sided tape, a glue stick, a small pair of scissors, some assorted color and black Sharpies, a white pen, a black ink pad, a regular pen, some assorted paper clips, all the little goodies you really need to do some basic journaling.
Here you can see another clear cover sheet you can get for these little notebook.s I also trimmed this one down but put our boarding passing in it-each of them back t back. On top of this I added a stamped tag (Stamper's Anonymous) with some journaling, an air mail die-cut (from a purchased set) and a soft sticker from October Afternoon. 
My last page for today is this great little slide folder you can also get. I went to Biosphere when I was on vacation and I slid in this postcard I bought only with the map/brochure that I had. To finish it up I added this railroad crossing image-from the new Tim Holtz stamps, which I stamped and cut out. The best thing about all these little pages you can get for this type of notebook is that they are not very expensive-I think for $20 I got the notebook and a bunch of these little pages.
Well it is suppose to be another beautiful day here in NH- we hit 59 degrees yesterday and had a lot of snow melt (from last week's storm). It's exciting.
Thanks for stopping by!


No comments: