Thursday, March 15, 2012

A Little Bit of Irish in Us All


I love green!!!!! Especially after the brown mud of late winter!!!

St. Patrick's Day is coming up soon, and I've made a couple of holiday cards...I'm not even Irish but at this time of year the urge for GREEN is pretty strong.
To make this card I used green cardstock and some October Afternoon striped paper. I stamped the frame-Hero Arts- and colored it green with red hearts. Then I added the clover flourishes on the right and left corners-using the Shamrock/Irish set from Flourishes Rubber Stamps. The sleeve with the shamrocks is also from Flourishes.  I stamped those on white paper and colored them with Copics, cut out the image and attached it. I also added some green Stickles glitter to the centers. You can see that better in the close up here.
I added the Irish blessing and the shamrock scientific name-both stamps from the same Flourishes set as the shamrocks. I finally outlined the striped paper with a white pen.
Although I think the blessing is a bit hard to read on the stripes...I am overall happy with this card. I really like using the frame to outline my images ( I do love that stamp) and I do like how the bunch of shamrocks stands out. I also know the shamrock flowers should be white but I didn't really want to add any more white images to this card, so I colored them green- for the holiday! But I really love how the colors pop here.
And here's some real shamrocks. I bought a potted plant at Trader Joe's last Saturday....they're so spring like a green! Its like it is summer and my yard is green brought into the house.
So one last thing. Is anyone else having such a hard time with this time change? I can't go to bed at night and in the morning it is SOOOO hard to wake up...granted I wake up at 4:45....but this darkness in the morning is tough. Yesterday it was dark and damp all day and man, I went home and took a nap and just was a sloth lounging on the couch. It was a busy busy day at work, but not that busy. Thank goodness this morning darkness only lasts a few weeks and hopefully it will warm back up pretty soon.
Happy day!


No comments: