Sunday, February 5, 2012

Super Bowl Sunday

So it is Super Bowl Sunday here in the US and I guess around the world for those of you who stay up late to watch it. Pats versus Giants-
GO PATS!!!
New England Patriots logo
Seeing I am an New Englander and they are my team!
It makes my New England heart proud to have such a great local team!
We're going over to some local friend's home for dinner and the game-should be fun. And hopefully the final score will be in New England's favor.
The only bad thing is it's going to be a LATE night since the game doesn't start until after 6 here in New Hampshire and that means it will be hard to get up and get going tomorrow, but tomorrow morning is only going to be bad if the Pats lose.  We're not even thinking about that around here.
********************************
Turn Right at Machu Picchu: Rediscovering the Lost City One Step at a Time
So I finished my Inspector Gamanche book this morning (those are GREAT mysteries) and now I have a new reading book-so far, it's interesting and has my attention.
And now (as Monty Python would say) for something completely different.
Yesterday I spent LOTS of well needed studio time and finished my Valentine's journal book. A great mental recharge day for sure. No photos to show you of my journal yet but I will get them up. Here's a card I made a while back and never posted. I was using a bunch of scraps on my table and here's what I came up with.
I started with white cardstock for the background. Then I had this funky cut piece of heavy duty off white paper which I used Distress Stain on and then stamped these fun little flowers (Hero Arts) in orange. I used a darker orange Copic to add the darker strip on most of them. Then I had this die cut shape laying around so I added that, as I had the orange baker's twine too. The 3 small cardboard bingo dots came from an ancient bag of these dots I've had, made eons ago by Postmodern Design. I love having them for little additions to various projects. Finally I added the stamped saying (Impression Obsession) and some orange Viva paint pen dots around the funky circlular die cut.
So hope you have a very enjoyable and creative day!  If you are a Giants fan, I hope you aren't too disappointed tonight!!!!!!!!

No comments: