Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Less is More

It's been forever since I participated in this on-line challenge-not that I haven't want to, but betwen this and that it just hasn't happened. But this week's challenge is using a diecut and I made this card Sunday which fits the bill perfectly.
I think it does at least.
So here it is.

Although I might be a bit early with the rain theme- it isn't April showers yet, but I am wishing it was April so that was my inspiration to make this card. I chose  this great spring robin's egg blue cardstock (with the corners rounded) I attached this die cut frame (Sizzix). Then I stamped this fun Riley the Moose stamp. I also stamped Mr. Moose onto some white paper, colored him and then cut him out and attached him onto the card over the original stamped image. I wanted all those raindrops and splashes to show up and didn't quite know how to cut them out without getting a lot of white background paper. I suppose I could have just die cut the whole image to fill the circle in the frame, but I do like showing more the background color within the frame too. I added a few Viva paintpen dots to the umbrella . Finally, I stamped the saying (Stampotique). I'm not quite sure what the little spot on Mr. Moose's nose is-it is not on the original card at all.
That's my card!!!
Enjoy your day-
Thanks for dropping by and visiting.



3 comments:

Chrissie said...

Thanks for joining us Erika, I think we could do with Riley bringing rain rather than asking for it to go away, I heard on the tv today that a hose-pipe ban is likely before too long!
Cute card.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Susan said...

Cute, cute image...and an adorable card!

Mandi said...

Sweet card, good to see you
i do love reindeers

Thank you so much
mandi
"Less is More"