Thursday, February 2, 2012

Ground Hog Day!!!

Yes, and it we'll find out later if he sees his shadow. Not that I remember what happens if he does or doesn't see his shadow.
And since we never knew our puppy's birthday (as he was a stray we adopted from the Humane Society), but we know he was born around February because of his approximate age when we adopted him, we picked GroundHog Day as his day- and so today Harley turns 12.
Where did the years go to?

I know I posted this photo just the other day but here he is last weekend having a tail wagging romping run on the beach in York, Maine. He's such a good boy.
And tonight  we have our National Honor Society Talent show at 6...I'm hoping it will be a FANTASTIC success and we'll make hordes of cash to put towards scholarships and other NHS activities. Plus the week is wrapping up and it didn't go quite as slow as I suspected it would, which is good. Katie is coming home this weekend too!!!!
So today's creation is a card I made using Flourishes Italian Garden set. I really like this set. It comes with lots of fun stamps including the 5 I used to make this card. I started by die cutting 2 of the nested designs which make the centerpiece of the card. The top one is from some light green checkered paper. I first used some green ink to darked the edge of this diecut, and then I stamped the oil,garlic, tomato image. I colored with with various Copics...I think my coloring is improving. I also used a Sakura gelly roll pen to color the oil jars to look a bit more like glass. Then I distressed this panel with mango colored ink and stamped the 2 different word sayings.
Here's a close up of the middle image.
The bottom shaped die cut is on printed paper and I layered these 2 on the card. Then I took a black fine line Sharpie and scribbled it along the bottom die cut to give a a little definition to this piece. I also outlined both shapes. Then on white paper I stamped the basil plant, cut it out, colored it and went over it with more jelly roll pens before attaching. I distressed the background with more mango colored ink and stamped the saying on the card. Finally, I put some red Viva paint pen dots around the edge of the bottom die cut just to frame it in a bit.
That is my show and tell for today.
Ciao!

No comments: