Monday, February 27, 2012

2011 List-How did I do?

Last year I didn't do a birthday list, but I did a 2011 what I wanted o accomplish list. Here it is, let's see how I did.

1- Practice my French some more-YES
 
2-Make ice cream-YES
3-Get my studio clean and organized-YES=AND I LOVE THE RESULTS
4-Clean out under the cellar stairs and get the junk there organized-NO
5-Catch up on my reading-HOW DO YOU DEFINE CATCHING UP?
6-Knit a WHOLE sweater-NO
7-Go to the Isles of Shoals-NO
8- Visit the Victoria and Albert Museum in London-NO
9-Learn to use Encaustic Paints-NO
10-Go for 1 whole month without buying any art supplies-NO, THAT IS LIKE GIVING UP FOOD
11-See Death Valley-YES-AND I LOVED IT
12-Go to Canada'a Atlantic Provinces-NO
13-Go dancing with my honey-NO
14-Grow pumpkins in my garden-NO
15-Pick rhubard from my garden and make a strawberry rhubard pie-YES, BUT I MADE JAM NOT PIE
16-Watch the entire 2 seasons we have of True Blood in one day -and see Season 3-YES!
17- Go camping again-NO
18-Finish my summer vacation 2009 scrapbook-YES=EXCEPT FOR THE SAN FRANCISCO PHOTOS
19-Make more textile art-NO
20-Do a piece of embroidery-NO
21-Pay off those nagging little credit card balances-YES BUT NO
22-Get a new Apple computer-NO
23-Keep a visual journal more regulary-NO
24-Knit an Aran sweater -NO
25-Knit Norwegian style socks or mittens-NO-BUT DID A BUNCH OF FAIR ISLE HATS
26-Exercise more-SORT OF
27- Replant dill in my garden this year -YES
28-take a class about something I am totally unfamilar with-NO...but took a few classes
29-reread the other Jane Austin novels I haven't read in decades-NO
30-be more patient and forgiving with my mom-SOMEWHAT
31- find the box of vintage honeymoon emphemera my mom gave me and make a vintage travel book-NO
32-Take a roadtrip all by myself=HOW FAR DO YOU HAVE TO DRIVE FOR A ROADTRIP?
33-Eat a fried twinky or fried candy bar-NO
34-Go back to the very northern area of NH where I used to vacation as a kid with my family-NO
35-Go to Montreal-NO
36-Drive across the USA-NO
37-Visit my friends in North Carolina-YES, AT LEAST 1 OF THEM
38-See a hummingbird nest with the eggs in it-NO
39-Get more stamps in my National Park Passbook-YES!!!!
40-Be brave and become a paid artist-YES
41-Make cool jewelry using all the metal clay pendants I've made-YES
42-Walk to beach more-YES
43-Get into the sunshine more-YES
44-Take a few more hookey days from work-without the guilt-WELL...
45-Take one of those DNA tests that tell you where in the world your family roots are from-NO
46-Read a book on my new iPad-NO
47-Swear less-HA-HA-HA
47-Don't waste so much time playing around on the internet-NO
48-Eat more vegitarian-TRIED TO
49-Eat at at least 1 restaurant I've wanted to try but haven't yet-???THINK SO????
50-Be a tourist in my home area-YES-WHEN YOU LIVE IN TOURIST COUNTRY IT IS EASY TO DO
51- Watch a sunrise from the top of Cadillac Mountain,Maine-NO BUT WATCHED SUNSETS FROM THE OUTER BANKS
52-Kayak Merrymeeting Marsh-NO JUST MERRYMEETING LAKE
53-See the ghost at the Portsmouth Lighthouse when we go by in the boat-NO, BUT WILL WATCH FOR HIM THIS YEAR
54-Get a new carpet for my bedroom-NO, THIS YEAR DEFINATELY-IT IS MY SPRING AND SUMMER PROJECT
55-see life with my heart not my head-PRACTICING THAT MORE AND MORE
56-conquer 1 fear-HMMM...EVERYTIME I GO OUT AND GET A BIT ANXIOUS, BUT GO...I DID TRY A JETSKI FOR THE FIRST TIME, I DID TAKE ON MORE OF A LEADERSHIP NHS ROLE, LET MY CHILD GO TO COLLEGE
57-wish on a shooting star-WHENEVER I SEE ONE
58-add at least 1 new state to my get to all 50 states wish list-NOT IN 2011 ALTHOUGH I DID SEE SOME COOL NEW PLACES
59-do something "not me" just to try it (something I would say no to, just do it)-take advantage of one of those not so sure about opportunities
60-sit in the moonlight and listen to a beautiful song-NO SONG EXCEPT THE WAVES ON THE OUTER BANKS-BUT IT WAS GORGEOUS
61-Reread Great Expectations (its still sitting on my night stand)-WORKING ON IT-I DID START IT
62-Have a great veggie garden-YES I DID

63-keep the piles of books from building up on my coffee table-I THINK THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE
64-spend lots of time with friends and family- TRIED HARD TO

65-call my "old" college friends more frequently-NOPE, JUST SAW MY FRIEND JENNIE BUT MISSED MY OTHER FRIEND'S BIRTHDAY
66- visit my college UMO and get a new t shirt
-NEW SHIRT AT A HOCKEY GAME BUT NEVER MADE IT TO ORONO IN 2011
67-read a few books on my to read list-I STARTED GREAT EXPECTATIONS, I READ A BIG BILL BRYSON BOOK I WANTED TO
68-discover more photos to take in my home area-I DID WITH 5 STARS
69-eat chocolate and not feel guilty about it-HOW COULD I NOT
70-and exercise more since I'll be eating chocolate-YES UNTIL ABOUT NOVEMBER WHEM HIBERNATION MODE SET IN

So it was a pretty successful year, I think. I'll put up my new birthday list shortly.
This is a pre-posted entry-I am away on my vacation in the desert of the US southwest.
I'll be back next weekend with some trip photos and more art and lots to share!!!
Thanks for visiting!





No comments: