Thursday, January 5, 2012

Distressed Bird Card

Here's a cheery card on a cold dark morning. I started with peachy colored cardstock and put down some of this cool paper ribbon-not even sure where the reel came from. Then I die cut (Spellbinders) the dotted scalloped circle in white, die cut a circle in the same background peachy colored to fit on the outer scalloped circle (but small enough to create the outer ring) and finally stamped the bird (Oxford Impressions) with watercolor markers on white, and then die cut out the bird and placed it in the center of the other circles. This I attached to my card and then stamped the saying (Penney Black stamps). You know, bluebird of happiness, happiness saying...
The card looked to unfinished so I used one of my favorite techqnuies, distressed it with brown ink. I think it looks a bit messy-LOVE that- and gives a bit more depth, which was what was really missing in the first place- the depth.
Still cold here though not as chilly as yesterday-I think all the bluebirds have mirgated someplace warmer than New Hampshire.
Happy Day :)

No comments: