Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Back to the Routine

It was a GREAT vacation and now it is over.  Having yesterday off was a GREAT bonus day too. I got my car vaccuumed out- a job I hate to do but took advantage of the 40-ish temperatures, and I spent lots of time in the studio making a few cards and some holiday journal pages. Then we all watched the latest Harry Potter DVD-what a great movie series (and book series) that is.
Wow- getting up today isn't very easy though (as was going to sleep last night) and I am not sure that I am quite ready to get back into the routine. But alas, there is no choice! But I have 3 good thoughts to bouy me through this tough morning. The first good news is that there is only 3 weeks left to this quarter which means in about 3 weeks (unless we have snow days) I will get new classes and be half way done with this school year. I like my classes a lot right now but it is something good about moving into the second half of the school year.
The second good news-today is hair day after work for me...getting a cut and my highlight done-LOVE it!
And the last good thought for this morning is that in 2 weeks we get a long weekend for Martin Luther King Day. It helps to think about this when you're up before five a.m. for the first time since December 23.
Oh I know, poor baby me. But It feels better to say these things here rather than complaining to people around me.
So here's a simple  but cheery card for a day that needs to be simple but will end up feeling way too complex I'm sure.
I used this robin's egg blue cardstock and added a piece of 7Gypsies tape. Then I stamped some images in brown on whie cardstock. They are from Oxford Impressions Casablanca set- a cool map and an old fashion airplane and some words. Then I used an inch sqaure punch and punched out 3 squares from my final stamped image. I attached those. The saying is from Cornish Heritage Farms. Then I die cut the flower (Sizzix) and lightly brushed it with brown ink before gluing it down and added some gold Viva Dimensional dots and a few Prima leaves.
Thank you for stopping by and listening...
Happy Day!

No comments: