Friday, January 20, 2012

2009 Inspiration

More blog review...trying to really get me inspired for a fantastic art year 2012. Here's my 2009 year...I am still amazed how many things I tried and did...which I don't seem to do now.
Starting with some London  journals from our 2008 trip. Above, I love the big bold font stamping....(Technique Tuesday)
here's I lvoe the stamping collage
Again, more great font stamping and the gears are great!
I like the creativeness of using a bag from the Cathedral as my paper. It's a great bag and really makes the bag.
A page for a place I loved but couldn't do photos. Like the tag arrangement.
Love the pop up photo-I took him and cut him out of the background and how it overlaps the palace photo. Love the stamped image I made on acetate with the Vacation words (Hero Arts) and love the little raindrops to show the weather.
Big bold photo-which I love. The background is bold too but not over-powering.
Feels retro, nice overlap with repeating images.
Just like the way the birds pop out.
Great collage tag.
With all 3 of these Paris tags I love how I used various stamps and images and they all work together- though not from the same sets.
Some great album covers for my London journals.
This stamp looks like an old photo, especially how I colored it.
Love these images and love the old browning newspaper.
It is a sweet page and I used this fabric on the background...nice overall texture
Maybe a bit busy but I just love it.
Nice grungy background and nice arrangement of tags and items.
Love the grungy background here too and the postcard and other ephemera on this page.

Love the card....playing with color and a little bit of lace effects

a fun cloth book...love the sewn letters and the the BIG rose...great colors...

took a fun class making marbled paper...

a fun board book...I love the look of the diamonds...

This card is one of my playing with stamping with paint on the background. Like the tiny splash of color...and the black.

More polymer mosaic tile work. I love the ocean and the addtion of the seaglass

The shapes great and I love the green antiqued looking like old aged stone-well maybe stone....this is one I sold at my craft fair adventure last December

Here's 2 examples playing with Adobe elements to have some digital art using some photos I took as the base.

A vampire....from a non-vampire girl stamp. I love this stamp and sing the die cut paper on the background.

Love anything tea...and love the ghosties falling out of the teapot and into the cup. Love the glittery green Halloween tea.

Great layering and adding on stamps...one of my favs.

Don't show knitting often-but I love to knit.

And here's a Christmas card a la Versailles. I used some cool star paper and some acetate-I also love the bow as a trim across the page.

And still realizing the best thing is to spread the wings as much as possible...take chances and its good to go back and visit the old to inspire the new.

No comments: