Monday, December 5, 2011

Oh Christmas Tree-Oh Cristmas Tree!

I went for brights with this card. (and it is another not so perfect editing job that makes it look crooked...which it is not) I started with darker green cardstock for the base and some bright green cardstock with I embossed with this cool holiday folder...I think it is a Basic Grey folder but I do know it is from Sizzix. I then used grass green ink and rubbed the pad over the embossed portion to darken the leaves. I then stamped the image in grass green ink...the image is from PaperBag Studios...one their fantastic but older images. I distressed it with some Vintage Photo ink and added some gold and silver Viva Dimensional Paint dors. I also used a strip of vintage style holiday paper on the right edge and some Tim Holtz sowflake tape. Finally I added some gold Viva dots and lots of silver dots which I then swirled together to outline the bright green edge.
AND
Speaking of Christmas trees...never showed you photos from last Sunday when we went to chop our tree.
And with so many trees, finding the perfect one can be tough.
But we did and put Brian to work pulling it out on the sled...though the Thanksgiving snow was about gone-and now it is gone.
Anyhow...it is another Monday. Another work week in front of me. Been enjoying Tim Holtz's 12 tags of Christmas. Have you checked them out? I may have to watch a few more old movies this week since I am really into that...a good thing to do in the evening while I am waiting for Dave to come home. Started doing that last week while I got ready for the craft's fair and was really enjoying them...I hate that 6 pm. hour when it gets dark by 5, it's a lonely time for me....then it gets to be night and it's not so bad.
Good thing this is a time of year when we have holiday lights and scented candles, helps ward of the feeling of perpetual darkness.
Enough said...
Enjoy your Monday...

No comments: