Friday, December 23, 2011

10 Things Friday

Here's my weekly list- the holiday one
1- A snowy morning...maybe we'll get a white Christmas!!!
2-Vacation starts today! I really need some down time! Plus my hubby is off next week too and Katie is home...she just works a couple of days at Target. We'll be chillin' and relaxing and having some fun.
3-It is the holiday weekend!!! Tonight we meet my in-law family for a fun dinner out. Tomorrow we are going to my mom's to have dinner with my family. Then Sunday we sit home and just have a fun day home.
4- Haven't had much studio time this week what with Christmas activites and work. But next week I am home to play a lot...if I feel like it!
5-My fav craft store had these amazing sales this past week but who has had time to go? Its not right near me (like an hour away)  amd with 1 "thing" on sale a day you have to pick what is the "thing" you really want to make the trip. Along with the time, who has all that extra cash right now? But I wish...
6- I'm feeling pretty ready for the holiday...can you ever be totally ready...but it comes and you are as ready as you will be.
7- I can't believe we are just about at Christmas and the end of 2011. Where did this year go to?
8- I got a Santa Sack from October Afternoon whose products I love. What a great collection! Lots of holiday papers and items along with other items...will be great next week...when I am on vacation...and finishing up my holiday journal. I am definately going to check it out next year because I got so much stuff for $40.
9-So Wednesday this week we were raw and cold and had this icky rainy that froze all over the roads. Yesterday it was in the 50's and sunny. And now we're into winter and it is cold and snowy! This weather is something else.
10- Fall is officially over and it is now winter! I am not anti-winter, but it is just too long here in New Hampshire. I would love winter if was over by February. By March 1 at the very latest. But, I can't control that and winter is here so I just have to roll with it. And right now, I am just so much in the holiday spirit that I am not noticing the shorter day...and just think- since we are past the solstice...the days are actually getting longer now. It might be a bit...but it is a nice fact to know.

***
Got to show you a bit of holiday art too!
These are all some different kind of pages from my holiday journal. Here's a tag I made that I used with a page...I started by rubbing some Distress Stain over a tag and gave it a rough kind of look. Then I  stamped a Hero Arts snowflake stamp with Versamark and used some crystal clear embossing powder. Then I added the Jingle Bells image from October Afternoon. Then I added a die cut poinsettia flower, but just 1 layer of the flower cut with on checked red paper. I stamped the circle merry image (also Hero Arts) with red on white paper and then punched it out with circle paper punch.  I used a black Sharpie on the edge and added it over the flower. The little reindeer along the bottom are from a Flourishes clear stamp set which I colored with some Copics. Finally I added  this Jingle Bell cardstock square, which I have had forever and really can't remember who made it. It was sitting in with some other Christmas pieces I have been collecting...you know how it is, you use  a few pieces one year and a few another and the packaging is long gone in the trash.

 
Here's a VERY simple page. I took this image  and stamped (in white) these 2 sayings. The Be Good for Goodness Sake is from Technique Tuesday and the Saison de Noel is from a set by Aladine stamps (a cool French company. Then I stamped the heart (Hero Arts) and added another stamp the Aladine set.
That's it...and as you can see- pretty simple but works.

Finally, this page. We had met Katie and Brian at IHOP one night so I printed off their menu from the internet, added a journaling tag and a Cavallini stocker-but Santa needed to say something, so I stamped the words (Technique Tuesday) and colored in the words...then I doodled a box and cut it out, which I like and I think this page works well.
Simple, but gets the point of the memory across.
Anyhow...
Have a great Friday.
And as this santa says
"Ho! Ho! Ho!"

No comments: