Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Tuesday puts me

In a better mind frame than yesterday. I will go to work today and just do what I need to do. I am very ok with that fact. Oh life would be grand if I could be someone who gets to stay home and play in their studio all day.  Or maybe run my own little art center, or design my own line of supplies...but I am sure-and I know- there are downsides to that too and it is not most people who get to do exactly as they please when they please. If you are a designer you are pushing your product and trying to keep more coming. And if you run a little shop you need to be in your shop and answer to custoemr demands-otherwise you won't keep your shop open. And since few of us are rich enough just to sit home and do as we please, well, I won't even contemplate that. It just isn't life. But I am ok with going to work and being back into my routine. November has a way of doing that to you, any little spark of rebellion seems to mellow out like the days...the landscape becoming barren, the nights getting so much longer, dreams of a turkey dinner coming next week...just roll with the flow.
Enough of all that!!!!
Today I have more from my studio  to show you.
Today I have 3 travel journal pages from my summer visit to the Island of Ocracoke, NC, the very southern most part of the Outer Banks.
Here's a cute little house on Ocracoke I could make my own. To make this page I started by using a Crafter's Workshop template and some green ink which I brushed on. This pattern was the Mosaic Grid, and I boxed out and wrote in my page title and then colored in those boxes. I alos distressed the page with a bit of brown ink too.  I added a white punched out heart and a die cut bird (Sizzix, Tim Holtz bird and birdcage) which I stained with Distress stains. I also stamped the dragonfly circles (Hero Arts) in green and colored them in lighter green and added a few more journaling thoughts freehand.
This page is also set on a stenciled background using the starfish from the beach/sheel Crafter's Workshop template and the mini zinnia template. The zinnia is in Archival aquarmarine and the starfish in in Memories brown. Then behind the photo I put a piece of Making Memories journaling paper ripped out the little notebook they come in. I added a postage style stamp (Tweety Jill Designs image pack) and stamped the postmark (Autumn Leaves).Finally a I spread a bit of blue Stickles glitter glue and put some bronze Viva dimensional dots over that.
And finally, this cute little family of ducks crossing Main Street in Ocracoke Village.  I started by adding a sheet of October Afternoon paper (6x6 size). I also added a die cut tag which was cut on craft colored paper. I outlined that in brown marker then added my photo. In the corners I stamped this image (Technique Tuesday) in brown and then colored it in yellow. I also added the yellow paper tape and stamped the swirl image (B Line Designs) on the tag and added the tiny die cut yellow flower center-with a yellow dot of Viva dimensional paint in the middle. The word always (Technique Tuesday) is stamped but I used some old sticker remnants for the words, they had a brown tint and I colored then with yellow and then used a white pen to outline them. Finally, I distressed the page with some brown ink.
That's my stash for today...thanks for dorpping by and visit.
Leave a comment if you do...I love seeing who comes by.

No comments: