Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thursday

A  few more scrap journal pages from last summer and the Outer Banks of North Carolina.
For this page I first used a Crafter's Workshop stencil and some red paint, then a little yellow splatter. Then I hand drew in the outline letters and colored them, added the photo of the yummy burgers, plus the card from this restaurant. Then I added a piece of holey white paper trim and I colored in the holes yellow. Pretty simple but I think it is a good page. Do you agree?

Here's another pretty simple page. I started by covering the page with this funky printed paper. Then I added a bit of matching green scrap on the bottom right and then I added the cactus photo. The big arrow was on a sheet of die cuts, so I attached it, outlined it in orange marker, wrote in the words and stamped the title by bending the stamp to match the curve of the arrow. Then I added a few orange paper reinforcers as a design element and some Viva pearl dimensional paint dots inside of them, except for the 1 that actually is where I put the page into my album.
And this last page, I started by writing the 2 bigs words then coloring them in, adding the frames around them and the frame around the page. I colored all with Copics and then added the lighter colored diagonal lines. I also added the bottom words and the photo which I knew would do some overlapping. Then I took a fine line black marker and just scribbled squiggles all over the open page. I like the effect, but thought the page needed a bit more pop, so I cut the flowers out from a piece of flowered paper, added a velvet covered brad and glued them down.
Those are my pages for today.
I never did show you any birthday celebration photos from last Sunday, did I?


Have a great day!

No comments: