Saturday, November 26, 2011

Dave Discovers Black Friday

So my husband discovered the deals of Black Friday yesterday. It started when I checked my email and Staples was having some HP computers on sale, and since he's been computerless  for a bit, he decided to go look. After we hit the jackpot at Staples, we went to Lowe's for birdseed and hitting the jackpot again. Dave was amazed. Then we grabbed a bit of lunch and when we stopped at the grocery store for some milk and a few other things, he got all excited to go to the Home Depot next door and spend some more cash. We did get some holiday presents bought, and all and all we were very successful. I found some brochure bins for my Copics that I wanted and this afternoon when we finally got home I did a bit of cleaning and started my holiday daily journal for 2011. What a day!
Yesterday I showed you photos from our after dinner Thanksgiving beach walk and today I show you some beach photos from last summer. Here's a few more journal pages to enjoy.
Doodling with Copics and Sharpies, a photo and a small tag.

This page is an inside of a folded page-you can see the crease towards the left hand side of the spread. Here's Dave and myself on some Basic Grey paper and some cool blue stickers that are about 9 years old. Whp made them??? Not so sure. You can also see a window I cut open with the information about the lighthouse.

Here's the page with the foler over closed. You can see the front of the lighthouse-it is a bookmark I picked up. I added a few little bubbles and some yellow trim, but I am not so sure I like them, but once they are stuck, they are there.

This is a SIMPLE page. I found this rubber stamp of Ocracoke Lighthouse by Impression Obsession. So I stamped and colored with pastel pencils, watercolor paints and Copics.

Finally, here's a view of the lighthouse from across the inlet from the village of Ocracoke. This page has a piece of an Ocracoke map as background paper. I also used some 7Gypsies tape, a die cut heart and car (Sizzix dies), the words road trip stamped with some Technique Tuesday alphabet stamps. the words Sunday and adventure stamped with Technique Tuesday stamps too, some Thickers bracket stickers and then some doodling of pink circles.
So I am enjoying this LONG weekend. Yesterday felt like Saturday all day and it was great to realize it was only Friday. Tonight we are going to Portland to a UMO hockey game at the Cumberland County Civic Center...should be fun... HOPEFULLY Maine will win against Clarkson tonight!
Enjoy your day!!!


No comments: