Wednesday, October 5, 2011

More Halloween Cards

In order to celebrate the fact that I am working on my 31st Halloween card-nearing the end of my goal to make 31 Halloween cards- let me show you a few.
At least one or two.
Here's a simple basic card that I am HAPPY about.  Grey coordinations card stock that is slightly distressed with sandpaper and the edge is trimmed with some deckle scissors.  I then attached a frame by Cottage Cutz. The frame was cut on planbe orange paper but I colored in the top spier with brown Copics.
Then I stamped the 2 jack-o-lanterns from Hero Arts on the same orange paper, but I took a darker orange Copic and did a bit of coloring and outlining to give these pumpkins some depth. I also used a black Spica marker to add a bit of sparkle to the black triangular faces.
I attached them and then stamped the witch's hat (Martha Stewart) in black on paper, cut it out and popped it on the tall pumpkin.
I put some tiny silver Stickle dots along the top of the paper to look kind of like stars. Once dry, I stamped a trick or treat saying on white and cut it out and then glued it down. Finally, I added some black fuzzy trim (What do you call that stuff? Garland?)

As you might be able to see, I am trying out diferent lay outs and designs and techniques on my cards. For this card I stamped the background word saying (Impression Obsessions) with Versamark and black embossed it. Then I punched a giant 3 inch circle on some light yellow speckley paper and using an ochre ink pad I turned it into the moon. I also used another IO backgrounder-the new release with pine trees (I love this stamp and have used it a lot for various things). I wish the trees had stamped darker and more visable on the grey card, but they are there enough.  I stamped the bat (Hero Arts) on white and colored him in. Although it doesn't show here, I used a Sakura glitter pen to outline the black swirls on the wings. Then I cut him out and glue him down on the moon. Finally I added the eeek word (an old Wordsworth mini stamp) and added some black swirly tape- trim. This bat makes me laugh-and I will say I am quite happy with how it looks on the moon.
In fact I am having so much fun making these cards...I may continue after I finish this last card ...or maybe I will make another Halloween project. I have a few ideas there...just don't know what really tickles my fancy.
What tickles yours?


No comments: