Monday, October 10, 2011

Monday's Cards

It is a SPIDER day. Since card 2 depends on card 1 I will show you both of them.
I decided I wanted to make a few more Halloween cards but was sick of using black, grey and orange. So teal blue was my choice, why not?
I used this great black printed paper (Making Memories) and set it off center. Why not?
I used some sheer brown trim with white polka dots and a piece of the cardstock I had trimmed off when making the card. They were just what the card needed to finish it off. Then I die cut the spider (Sizzix) in brown and attached her. I think she's a scary spider...part of a great set of 3 dies on the Sizzix Outlet. I added some hand drawn eyes and then some white dimensional paint (Ranger) as the web. The boo is cut from a piece of orange cardstock I embossed with a new Tim Holtz Sizzix Halloween die. I actually embossed, cut out the boo, sanded it and rubbed black Memories Ink over the word. Finally, I added 3 Viva black dimensional dots.
Now on this card I used tan cardstock for the background and took the empty sheet with that I die cut the spider from and then stenciled the spider in brown.  I drew on the black scalloped edging and colored it in with black Sharpie . The barette girl is from Stampotique...I thought she looked  just enough the kind of girl to love spiders without being too obvious. So I stamped her twice, once on the card and once on white paper. I cut out her face, her dress and the shoes from the white paper and glue them over the corresponding parts on the stamped card image. I colored in her legs and arms  and darkened her hair on the card image, but she goes all together just well. I colord her outfit with Copics and drew in the little web design on her outfit. Maybe she needs a few more?
Well, maybe not.
Finally I stamped the words-this girl just loves her spiders. The words are from an ancient stamp set that was designed by Elsie Flanigan...what was her stuff called? Looked it up, called Love Elsie by KI Memories. This was from a doggie set.
Anyhow, that is my art for today....
thanks for visiting.
I appreciate you stopping by.

No comments: