Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Time Flies

Here's a fun summer card. The base card is a goldenrod colored cardstock. Then I took a piece of water colorpaper and watercolored it in yellow and orange.  I stamped the big butterflies (Hero Arts) and colored them. I also added the corner flowers (Hero Arts) and used a white pen to color the white petals. And then I added the saying (MySentiments Exactly).  I then used a Mango ink to stamp the open circles (from a newer circle clear set by Hero Arts which I just adore and have been using like crazy). I also added some mange little circles (another clear stamp circle set from Hero Arts-I love circles)  and some little orange butterflies. I usually don't make the background last, but this card was just too blah without some design there so I added it in by masking the butterflies and the flowers and leaving the background plain around the saying. Finaly I added the twine and the flower and added a couple of open circles on the corners...et Voila!
*****
Where does a day buzz by to? (Never mind the summer-only a week and half left until school starts back up...woe Nelly!) Yesterday I had the whole day, but it flew by. Did do a bunch of scrap journal pages on my Grand Canyon book, from SIX years ago! I want to finish it up so I can move on...But I still want to make a book I can be proud of. Yesterday though the creative muse was active in me and all the pages I did worked. Wanted to work in the garden too but the rain kept coming and going, not as much as Monday but enough to drive me inside. The grass is so happy having this rain though-it is greening up!
Today though is gorgeous. Got up and worked outside in the morning sun and I am charged up. This afternoon am meeting a friend and going to a local craft fair put on by the League of NH Craftsmen.  Curious to see how my art stacks up to what is for sale. Usually their work is really high quality but I haven't been for maybe 5 years and my work has come a LONG way too...Wednesday is a weird day to have it but should be fun. And tomorrow, I should go into school  OR maybe Friday....eeks....I am ready to go back BUT I am not ready to give up summer.
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: