Friday, August 12, 2011

More ART!!!!!!!

LOVE these London sets from Artistic Outpost! I made this card earlier this summer. I started by embossing with the Sizzix/Tim Holtz clock plate and then lightly rubbed some light blue ink on the page. Then I stamped and cut out the bell tower, the handsome gentleman and the flag...I made the flag by coloring the stamp with watercolor markers. Then I die cut the banner with a Sizzix/Tim Holtz die cut and stamped the words. I added the postmark and also the little blue dots on the corners.
So yesterday was a fantastic day!!! Started off after my walk with a text from my friend Vicky and I dashed off to go kayaking...first time this summer and I LOVE to kayak.It was gorgeous out on the lake and fanatstic to visit and chat with Vicky and just as fantastic to go kayaking on a gorgeous morning. Very spontaneous which I love too. Then Katie and I went to see The HELP at the movie theatre, which was really good and very close to the book. Have you read the book? I read it last summer for book club and it was a really good book.
Anyhow, the big question for today...do I go pick blueberries...which I was going to do yesterday before the kayaking came up or do I go set up my room and get that chore done?  HMMM! I know what I want to pick and I know what I should pick so that my nagging little voice goes away.  I think I can live with the voice and I do have 2 more weeks I can go in and work...that answers that...I THINK!
Thanks for stopping by!