Tuesday, August 23, 2011

a little of this and a little of that

I have lots to show you today, starting with a few pages from my travel journal from last month when we went to North Carolina.
The cover is shown above. I like to use a board book when I travel because it can't get mushed and bent in my suitcase. But I have used other types of books too. This cover was stained with Tim Holtz stain-I love that stain!- and then overstamped with one of Obsession Impression's Cover a Card stamp. I stamped the grasses-Tattered Angels seaside set, and die cut the sign.
So I created a 3 page flip and this is the top of those pages. I did die cut the sun and sailboat.

And when I lift the top page this is what I did. Cut up postcards, a tag and some oldie but goodie Making Memory Stickers.

And when you do the final lift you get this. The duck stamp is because we stayed in Duck, NC.
I made this page first using gesso on my board book page and then adding this sheet from october Afternoon. The little boy I colored could easily be my hubby when he was a boy and although the girl isn't quite me, it's what he would do. I colored them and added the a dotted circle stamp around them plus a Hero Arts circle heart. At the top I added a Technique Tuesday phrase stamp and I made the vacation film strip with a Hero Arts stamp on seperate paper. I embossed the beach bum words, added some die cut shells, stamped the little saying at the bottom right corner, the OBX sticker I bought and added on vacation...
I use this book as a memory book, and a guide when I do my scrap/travel/journal, as a fun thing to do some art when I'm gone. I love doing the book when I'm gone, and I have a little metal lunch box that I use to carry my supplies.
More pages coming some other day.
*****
So yesterday I finished fixing and reorganizing my book shelf-took my almost all day. Talk about being sore. It was a crispy cool day-GORGEOUS for working. But I did go out in the late afternoon and use some Tattered Angels spray and some Ranger Spray and make some fun colored watercolor paper for later craft projects.
Look and see!


Doesn't look to colorful, kind of like my card on Sunday, eh? Anyhow, colors are brighter than they appear! Can't wait to use it and make some FUN items with it.
So today's agenda?
?????????
It is still open. Any suggestions?




No comments: