Thursday, June 30, 2011

Journal Pages

Got to love having some studio time. Yesterday I finished up 3 cards and several journal pages and spent 4 hours in the studio. LOVE IT! None of these are recent since I need to photograph some things...spending time playing not taking pics. So these pages are from my 2009 California trip-still. The top page is made by first drawing that heart on the page and adding the words. Then I took a playing card which I loved the back of-those clouds are great, and I stamped the sun on it-and I love the attitude this sun has. Then I added just a bit of color.  I attached it and then added some orange distress ink which I brushed on. Then I added the 2 cents stamp (Impression Obsession) image and I ripped some purple paper and attached it. Then I cut out the hearts...added them and finally added some Dimensional Pearls by Ranger.
This page introduces us to Mendicino.  I won that triangular sun stamp in a lot of stamps on eBay-have no clue who made it but I like it. I stamped on white paper with yellow ink and then colored in with a different shade of yellow and cut them out to edge the page. Then I added the photo, outlined in black and die cut the swirly, which I then added my writing on. I also die cut the little frame-did that twice once in yellow and once in blue. I stamped the words (Technique Tuesday). I also stamped the road trip car in black and colored in the words (Cat's Life Press). Finally I stamped the little hearts (I think Basic Grey) mutliple times and then I stamped once on white paper and cut that out and added it over the frame.
Finally this page. The flowers in Mendicino were GORGEOUS!!!!! I love this photo.  I simply covered part of a page in printed paper and added the photo. Then I cut another swirly ric-rac with my Big Shot machine and attached it and finally I used some small typewriter letter stamps to stamp the word bloom over and over. I love decorating the page but some photos should not be overpowered by the design-they should be the main focus.
So yesterday besides studio time I planted 1 of the 2 rose bushes I need to plant, and got the doogie-man groomed and also went to Old Navy (big sale-buy 2-get 1 free) and got some shorts for my trip to the Outer Banks in 2 weeks! Can't wait to explore some place new for me! And I had book club last night....Today...who knows? But that's the best part of summer...spontaneously!  It's a perfect day- breezy-about 72 right now...my kind of weather! A bit cool for the beach- but great for gardening!
Happy Day!

No comments: