Sunday, April 10, 2011

Beautiful Spring Weekend

Its been a fantastic weekend-so far! Sunny-mostly-and warm-about 60-can open up a few windows and let in some fresh air...I walked yesterday morning-today I am going to rake out one garden (the only one completely empty of snow although the others are getting close)...chipmunkss are back out...I've woekn up to birds chirping...LOVE IT!
So Saturday I had a great day-cleaned out some stamp bins-getting my summer de-stash for eBay all ready-went to Johnson's for lunch with Katie and we split a big bowl of steamers (YUMMY) and also each had our own strawberry shortcakes...grocery shopped...have watched a couple of movies....today I plan on raking...my friend Vicky is coming over this afternoon...
Anyhow, enough of the trivial babble (it always seems that way when you go to talk about it).
Here's a new card to show you-
Its a very simple card for a friend of ours who just had by-pass surgery. I used red cardstock and die cut the heart in the center (or just about-think I missed it by a half inch or so). I lived the die cut with a piece of 7Gypsies paper and then outlined the edge with black Sharpie. Then die cut 2 hearts (which I used on a different card) out of red rippled cardboard. I cut out around the heart left over holes to make these hollow heart forms and glued them down...oulined them...and then I hand wrote in the words.
As I said, simple...masculine...well sort of...but hopefully it works. I think so...
Happr Sunday-hope your day is as spring-like as mine!

No comments: